Impala Forums banner

7361 - 7380 of 7380 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
In my 14 limited the power port is de energized when car is off, once door is opened. I too do that, I don’t want cords hanging all over, it’s more of an appearance thing to me.

For cool trinkets, the “maestro” has some neat features, one of which is volt meter. If a person was going to replace head unit, that’d be the time to do it. Some of the features aren’t very useful where others would be. But it’s a general use item designed for many applications.
If it could read all sensors on the vehicle that’d be excellent.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The power plugs stay on when my 2016 Limited is off. So my phone chargers or plug in tire inflator work when the car is off. I don't leave things charging when the car is off, but I do leave the charger base with a small led power indicator light. Have never seen a battery drain because of that. Sometimes I plug in a solor slow charger just to be safe.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well I filed a police report some idiot tries breaking into my car, jacked up my door frames on both sides couple days before I added some led fog lights I’m open to suggestions on how to fix it so if you got any ideas... View attachment 163943
Wow man that sucks. Im sorry to see that.

·
Registered
259 Posts
When I drove a Chevrolet Cruze years ago, I always enjoyed the fact that there was a built-in voltmeter. I definitely miss having one in my Impala, however I picked this up (Amazon, $9.99). It gives a digital readout of your car's battery status (volts). It's difficult to see the readout if plugged into the two power ports in the center console, due to depth, and angle. So I plug it into the power port in my center armrest. It's really a slick little device. The flash from the photo doesn't do it justice. It has a really pretty blue readout.

View attachment 163928
I did end up ordering a charger/voltage display about like this. It does stay on when the car is off if I leave it plugged in. Doesn't seem to drain the battery (maybe if I let me car sit for a few weeks it would be a drain). Love being able to see the alternator is doing its job and that my battery still has enough oomph to (hopefully) get through winter

·
Go Get It
15,080 Posts
Well I filed a police report some idiot tries breaking into my car, jacked up my door frames on both sides couple days before I added some led fog lights I’m open to suggestions on how to fix it so if you got any ideas...
I suggest calling your insurance company if you have comprehensive coverage. Comprehensive coverage is what covers you if you hit a deer, a tree falls on your car, or it is stolen, and is usually pretty cheap. This type of repair involves a fair amount of work, and the insurance company MAY want to total the car depending on the cost of the repair estimate vs. car value. I highly recommend having it professionally fixed if you care about how the car looks. I've seen way too many DIY paint jobs to know that they usually turn out poorly, and end up costing the owner more money to strip back the work they've done. That said, this repair is in the order of magnitude in the thousands, so if the insurance won't cover it, and you really want to try and DIY some of it, send me a PM.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nice work everyone. Since my first post this is my upgrades. Happy new years! What r we gonna do next? Lol
View attachment 164000 View attachment 164002 View attachment 164003 View attachment 164004 View attachment 164005 View attachment 164006

Digging that engine cover and the wheels. Looks great!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I ordered the moog 6402, I think, it’s billed as direct replacement for impala. The bushings may be better but the metal is thinner than the rusted originals. Not impressed so I ordered ones from gm. To answer the question I posed some time ago, the gm ltz dampers do fit and work well w the regular lt springs. No clearance issue but improvement is not real distinguishable. Sure they’re better than the olds but whatever. Hopefully in the next few days my mevotech ttx control arms will arrive as my understanding is the moog ck version is no longer available. I also hope to be done w the headache of dealing w Jegs on this addco order. Complete cluster f.
Found some moog bushings for the 1.25” addco bar and found a line on the elusive k90397.
Lol, broke the abs sensor while replacing the rear strut so changed the rear bearing too.
I believe I’m building a tolerance to these repairs as things are going well and I’m beginning to wonder if I have a problem lol. I can’t stop.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I acquired some moog k90397 bushings for the 22mm sway bar. The impala has an impression that allows the rear sway bar bushings to essentially sink into. These k90397 are universal bushings for a 65 mustang and do work but I didn’t like how it squeezed the flat universal base into the impression. I used a jigsaw to cut the base off the old bushings to place as a filler beneath the flat base. I noticed that upon tightening the clamp prior to my added spacer that the bar was closer to the frame so I believe this’ll be the best bc the fur lined addco bushings are out and the universal moogs are in and as good as can be.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Today I lubed my new grease zurks. I also seek the reason why my fl wheel squeals on lh turns. I’ve checked the dust guard several times and it doesn’t appear to be touching.
On to the air box. I removed it, totally cleaned it and all the white gunk in the flex hose then marked an area on either side of the circular intake hole in front. One is effectively a triangle left of the circle and another shape to the right. It’s cleanly cut and sanded. My theory is it equals more air going in. It didn’t set any codes but I’ve only drove it 10 or so miles. I can hear the howl On acceleration I believe is referred to w the k&n. Idk if it’s better and hope the filter does it’s job. I did also add a couple drain holes if rain should get in behind the head light assm. We’ll see.
Good times.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Let air out of the tires after a numbskull at meineke rotated them and inflated them to 42psi cold. (35 max! Ambient temp is 20 degrees and 42psi is at that temp)

·
Registered
13 Posts
OK, lets hear it. What did you do to your Impala today?

🍺
Replaced rear head as a result of a P0303. Which after new plugs, wires & a coil pack, IMMEDIATELY turned into a P0300🤔😩😭🥱😤🤧😷🤬🤬😷😷
I was ready to hurt him( my 03 Impala is named Smokey, he is Silver with tinted windows...
Anyways, I started maybe noon, reinstalling everything.
Mind you, 'Spring Chicken'?
Never claimed to be, I'm growing old to music, my body snaps crackles and pops at will...
I've fell in LOVE with these motors. Easy doesn't describe their simplicity for me.
A ton of ridiculous and unnecessary design flaws.
I'm shocked to, it's like these Impalas talk to me. Not when I'm installing, only after I think I'm done for the day🤷‍♀️💪

7361 - 7380 of 7380 Posts