Impala Forums banner

7341 - 7360 of 7380 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Drained and refilled then added the extra 2/3 qt which I was able to determine was missing. After 3x draining w synthetic atf I feel pretty good that most of the fluid has been replaced. 500 mi since last drain and it looked pretty red so I’ve drawn the conclusion that it’s good at least til 100k or so.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a weird drag/light scrape sound coming from front driver side. Wasn’t sure if I didn’t get enough lube on the brake slides/pistons when I did brakes this fall, so I removed all to clean and relube them. I suppose it could be the caliper dragging, I hope not. I’ll finish up and drive it .

·
Registered
117 Posts
Idk. Can it get bent? I don’t recall it doing that before I changed them.
I didn’t even have to drive it. Upon tightening lugs to 100# the little bit it rolls when doing that it squeaks. Then and a slow 90 degree turn. Not sure what to look for. Maybe I’ll consult w in the forum. Unless you know what I can do to remedy that?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks. It sure didn’t appear bent but there was an area of interest. I gently bent it all around then put it down. The noise I heard when torquing lugs is gone. I’ll take it for a drive to see. I noticed my sway bar bushings are hollowed out smh. So I’ll save up and get the 740. I hope there’s a way to change it w out lowering sub frame. Otherwise I’ll just have to switch bushings for now as the bar isn’t broken, yet😉

·
Registered
117 Posts
I priced moog wheel bearings and lower control arms at amazon which had reviews all over the place for their apparent slipping quality. They still carry a 3 yr warranty and are considered some of the best aside from negative reviews. My local parts store matched the price and I bought them. What a savings from retail price. I’ve watched a video on how to do this and feel confident I can do it myself. It’d also be the perfect time to switch the sway bar out w addco too. A local retiree gave me a reasonable estimate to do this as well. Then the additional cost will be for alignment. Hopefully the tracking info is accurate and I can get this done this weekend.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Got a new windshield thanks to full glass insurance and two rock hits (one close to my field of vision).

Reactions: sheila

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi
I changed out the front wheel bearings and tie rod ends. It was my first time. I am very pleased w results. However, I ordered both the addco 639 and 740, both came w paint missing. The 639 has a spot on the outside of the U right on the bend and the 740 is missing it from 2 spots on the inside of both bends. It appears to be paint and I’m not real happy to have to do the rear again and wait for the front, again. The time to have done it would have been when the other things were done. Ah well, the new bearings ride nice and that little pull it had is gone. It looked like rusty mud inside the bearings...

·
Registered
65 Posts
When I drove a Chevrolet Cruze years ago, I always enjoyed the fact that there was a built-in voltmeter. I definitely miss having one in my Impala, however I picked this up (Amazon, $9.99). It gives a digital readout of your car's battery status (volts). It's difficult to see the readout if plugged into the two power ports in the center console, due to depth, and angle. So I plug it into the power port in my center armrest. It's really a slick little device. The flash from the photo doesn't do it justice. It has a really pretty blue readout.

·
Registered
106 Posts
When I drove a Chevrolet Cruze years ago, I always enjoyed the fact that there was a built-in voltmeter. I definitely miss having one in my Impala, however I picked this up (Amazon, $9.99). It gives a digital readout of your car's battery status (volts). It's difficult to see the readout if plugged into the two power ports in the center console, due to depth, and angle. So I plug it into the power port in my center armrest. It's really a slick little device. The flash from the photo doesn't do it justice. It has a really pretty blue readout.

View attachment 163928
What year impala? I can bring up my voltage on the center display.

·
Registered
259 Posts
My 8th gen 2016 also does not display voltage. Just added one of these plug in readers on my Amazon list.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had email correspondence w a gentleman from addco about my finish flaws on the addco 639 and 740 I received from Jegs. I’d hoped for more but as it turns out I’ll have to remain in wait for the replacement bars to hit production next month. So far I’m pleased in part bc they’re made in America. Once I get them and installed I’ll still have to go easy on it or burn tires flying around all the hwy curves. It is very fun to do.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had email correspondence w a gentleman from addco about my finish flaws on the addco 639 and 740 I received from Jegs. I’d hoped for more but as it turns out I’ll have to remain in wait for the replacement bars to hit production next month. So far I’m pleased in part bc they’re made in America. Once I get them and installed I’ll still have to go easy on it or burn tires flying around all the hwy curves. It is very fun to do.
Had to install a new battery which was no easy task because of where it is located.
27C42878-AD81-41D0-9ED7-D76752AD3A13.jpeg

7341 - 7360 of 7380 Posts