Impala Forums banner

7281 - 7300 of 7320 Posts

·
Four-Seasons Fan!
378 Posts
Did a little clay-barring. This is Fargo ND....so it gets so damn dirty as we inch towards Spring!!! If it EVER warms-up enough, I'll be getting the Polishers out. I get free washes at the Dealership, but I pay the price in the form of clearcoat-swirling!!

Faron

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Cleaned up my Impalar and took pictures of it and listed it on autotrader and kijiji for $6500. 🙂

·
Registered
156 Posts
It’s actually not only today, but the last 3 days. I put the car up on ramps and used some of the AT-205 to spray all the bushings under the car, such as for the suspension, as well as the front axle boots, and anything else I could find under the car made of rubber. This supposedly will rejuvenate the rubber making it more pliable. I’ve read some reviews and saw some postings on YouTube, so I thought what the heck. We’ll see how it does. I also found the source of a slight rattle and resolved that issue...very minor though. Checking things out under the car paid off. Once that was completed, it got a thorough wash, some slight paint correction, a thorough wax, then did the tires with some tire dressing. She looks great.
The other item was mechanical. That dang rear coolant crossover pipe gasket started leaking again! What a pain in my rectum! I did find two bolts that needed to be retorqued and it has stopped so far...with a lot of prayer. If not, I purchased the Fel-Pro gaskets rather than the OEM gaskets as used last time. The Fel-Pro gaskets are made significantly better, so if I have to use them, they certainly should perform much better...I hope.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Took the passenger door panel off to fix the faulty 6.5 speaker and found that it’s not the speaker but the factory wire 😅

Reactions: sheila

·
Registered
91 Posts
All this! My mufflers are a little louder than stock. Way more aggressive when the pedal is pressed, I kept my resonator on and am thinking of replacing it with a glass pack.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Poured in a can of Seafoam. Now I just have to wait for the magic to happen.
Once my air filter comes from Rock Auto, I plan on also using the Seafoam spray on the intake. I suspect the upper engine intake cleaning will have a more noticeable impact.

·
Registered
156 Posts
All this! My mufflers are a little louder than stock. Way more aggressive when the pedal is pressed, I kept my resonator on and am thinking of replacing it with a glass pack.
Sweet! Lookin' good and no doubt it will sound and handle better!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice wrap job. I had my 08 ltz aligned and put on a set of cooper cs5 ultra touring tires. Replaced some Bridgestone duellers that still had plenty of tread but were showing their age.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Vinyl-wrapped my bowties in carbon-fiber blue (and added matching plate holders as well).

Front before:

View attachment 162825

Front after:

View attachment 162827
I want to do a blue overlay on the bow ties on my 2008 9C3, but the ones on the front and rear are made to look 3D, so I’d have to paint them. Even then, the type of material is a soft plastic, so they’d probably have to be dyed rather than painted. Perhaps with a good primer, the paint would stick. The overlay wouldn’t cover the outside edges. I wish Chevrolet would have left the bow tie blue as they were years ago.
Nice work...looks great!

7281 - 7300 of 7320 Posts