Impala Forums banner

7241 - 7260 of 7265 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
well today i detailed the exterior of my car. wash, compound wax, then a nice polish. switched out the stock wheels for my aftermarket black on chrome wheels. now i'm taking a break. will detail the interior later this evening when it has cooled off a bit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Quad light mod

Been working on a quad tail light mod for my 02 Impala.
Found several write ups but never found any videos of a build, so I decided to film mine.

They're not fully installed on the car yet, as I am awaiting new paint to be delivered due to failure on my last paint selection, but the videos available complete the tail panel rebuild and show a bench test.

Part One:

Part Two:

Part Three:

Part Four:

Hope it helps anyone who's considering doing the build. I was very intimidated by the over all project (as I suffer from severe doubt in myself at times lol.) but Im glad I gave it a shot and Im happy with the final product.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Washed it then applied some P&S Beadmaker on top of the ceramic coating. :icon_syda:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gave my '09 LT a bath and then replaced the door lock actuator in the driver door, because it has been not functioning for quite some time. Worked good for about a day, and now my door will not open from either the inside or outside. So now I get to pull the door panel with the door closed and figure out what went wrong :| Shouldn't be too hard, as I have pulled that door panel many times for speaker upgrades and tinting the window.

On an unrelated note, I am about to do a full transmission service. Got a new AC Delco gasket, filter, and o-ring, as well as AC Delco ATF Dexron VI. My only question is, do I need to replace the gasket? I already got a new one, but I wonder if I needed it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Took it through a drive-through wash. Now I won't be able to find it in the parking lot cause it looks like all the other white sedans. Much easier to find when it is caked in three months of salt and dirt.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I had to get my windows re-tinted. I had a couple of bubbles in the rear glass. The shop guy said my tint had faded as well. He said he couldn't match the tint, so I had him do all of the glass. It looks great!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tint is definitely in my plans for mine but not at the moment being a seasonal worker sucks when it's not snowing

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
Pulled out donor driveline

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
I haven't been around much, but why are you needing a "donor driveline"? Did you have a major engine and/or trans failure or something? Just curious since neither of us have been around much...
Yes JT, I had an engine failure back in June, just 3 weeks after I finished the overhaul. The car still runs, but it's been parked since then as the cylinder walls are scored, and the piston and valves are chewed up in the #3 cylinder. I haven't disassembled the motor yet to see what came apart, but I bought a running, driving car with a driveline that supposedly had less than 90k. Actually just got started on freshening the engine/trans up yesterday. Separated the engine and trans, did a shift kit, changed the trans filter and added a pan with a drain, and swapped out the torque converter for a lighter unit from ZZP. It will be a few weeks yet before I have it ready to swap back into my car, but I'm hoping to have my car back on the road again by the end of March!

7241 - 7260 of 7265 Posts