Impala Forums banner

7221 - 7240 of 7265 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m gonna start running full synthetic in my 12’ LT. I’ve heard great things about Royal Purple, so I went with them. Ordered the Oil Filter, and 6 quarts of RP Oil. Popped off the old badges (Block Lettering) and ordered the 00’-03’ badges (if you know, you know) l. Gonna paint the new badges black so they really POP on the white color of the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Spent my allowance on my 2nd Love.

Spent my allowance on my 2nd Love. Changed Oil, Oil Filter, Air Filter, Cabin Air Filter, installed new windshield fluid nozzles. Ordered LED replacement lights for front and rear side markers and reverse lights.

·
Registered
13 Posts
2011 LS
I washed it. They were grinding the highway here and I drove through wet concrete dust. Was nasty. Then vacuumed the Corgi off the seats!

·
Registered
2,281 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,680 Posts
High speed on my heater/ac fan quit , changed the resistor a few years back and that solved it. This time it did not , probably the toggle switch :bang:
gunna be a tough one :crying

·
Registered
142 Posts
Another automotive issue within a couple of weeks! My wife's Camry's alternator went out and on the same day the driver's door window regulator motor went bad. I repaired those two issues and then two days ago, the panel mode actuator on my '08 Impala 9C3 went out. When it rains, it pours...in three's. Unbelievable. So, I ordered a new OEM actuator on Amazon and it should be here today. I don't know that I'll get ti installed tonight. I had rotator cuff surgery on my left shoulder, so I can't make these types of repairs so quickly yet.

**I did receive the new panel mode actuator today. My shoulder wasn't hurting, so i decided to give it a try. Got it installed with no issues. The entire glove box has to be removed along with some other pieces, otherwise it wasn't a lot of labor. As soon as I turned on the a/c and selected the position for the dash vents, it came on perfectly! What a relief!

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
Sold a bunch of parts of my parts car, including pulling the entire sunroof assembly out

·
Registered
142 Posts
I’m gonna start running full synthetic in my 12’ LT. I’ve heard great things about Royal Purple, so I went with them. Ordered the Oil Filter, and 6 quarts of RP Oil. Popped off the old badges (Block Lettering) and ordered the 00’-03’ badges (if you know, you know) l. Gonna paint the new badges black so they really POP on the white color of the car.
Hi Lance. Regarding RP, save your money. Unless you're racing your car, RP is overkill. You could run Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w-30 and get excellent performance. I read the results of a relatively comprehensive test on engine oils. RP, Amsoil, and Pennzoil UP came in the top three. RP and Amsoil are expensive. Of these three, Amsoil and Pennzoil UP came into a top tie over RP. Amsoil edged over Pennzoil, but the difference was negligible. Save your money and use it for some other great mods for your ride! Same for the oil filter as well. The GM Professional Grade filters are excellent as is Wix.

·
Super Moderator
10,680 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
heads now flow over 340cfm at .650 lift almost x2 what they did before port

·
Registered
13 Posts
Replaced both front hubs. Passenger front was stuck so bad it broke a puller. I slightly warped the end of the cv just breaking the splines loose from it with a sledge. Was supposed to change the transmission pan fluid and filter but ran out of daylight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Installed Diode Dynamics SL1 LED headlights. Easily the best $150 I ever spent.

I HATED the stock (2015 Impala LT) lights... these are like getting new headlights. Massive improvement.

It sounds like I'm shilling, but I'm not. Just super happy with the improvement of night visibility.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Installed Trans filter and new Doorman Trans pan. 6.5 quarts of DEXRON VI. Engine oil and filter while I was under it (3450 since last change, close enough)

7221 - 7240 of 7265 Posts