Impala Forums banner

6301 - 6320 of 7247 Posts

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Or I can go switchback halos with RGBW demon eyes that are bright as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
328 Posts
Peeled my tint off yesterday, it was getting past the "purple point" plus there was a large tare in the drivers window from when I rolled the window down in a blizzard and caught a chunk of ice. All the tint came off super easy. I'm not sure if I'm going to get new Tints or not. I kind of like the no tint feel.
Also went to the junkyard and got a license plate bulb housing free of charge as my old one was broke where the screws holes are.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I left my car out in the rain and got a free wash. :)

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
Peeled my tint off yesterday, it was getting past the "purple point" plus there was a large tare in the drivers window from when I rolled the window down in a blizzard and caught a chunk of ice.
I'm kind of curious how old your tint was. Everyone keeps saying that modern tints no longer "purples" or fades. Sounds like you had some "purpling" issues with your though... Also, do you know what brand it was?

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
had the water pump/serpentine belt replaced last week. going to fix the power lead from the fuse block to in-line fuse for the aftermarket amplifier tonight. can't stand no tunes while driving anymore....about to lose my mind! lol

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Looking for info on those who have swapped a catalytic converter.

New one is a direct bolt on, should I try crawling under the car on jack stands and removing it, with I'm sure it's never been touched and might be a PITA or take it to a shop and have them for $100? I also got a new downstream o2 sensor to put it as I'm sure the factory one is seized on there and will make it easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
Personally, I'd pay a shop to change the cat - way too much hassle to get that thing off at this point. They do that stuff all day, every day. You don't need to do any welding to replace the cat?

·
Registered
328 Posts
JT, the tint was on it when I got it 5 years ago. Not sure what brand. Must have been not the greatest brand because I compared pics from 5 years ago and they were really nice looking dark tint.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Question for anyone with no Tints. Is your little window behind the rear windows tinted? Not sure if mine are factory darker than the front windows OR if I still have tint on them. I obviously checked if there was any tint on them that I could peel off but doesn't seem like it.

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
@613 - I checked some pictures of my 2012 from before I had the windows tinted and the little windows are NOT tinted - they are exactly the same as the rest of the windows.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hmm I'll have to investigate them further because I had a feeling there's tint on them still but could not find the edging

·
Registered
114 Posts
I put Spyder Halo/ Led's on today. Instead of running the pig tails from the back of the lights to the pig tails from the car's light plug, l just stripped off half an inch insulation off the Spyder's marker light wire, twisted the halo red wires to the two led wires and wrapped them around the bare marker light wire and soldered the connection. Wrapped it real good with electrical tape. Did the same thing for the ground wires.

Took them out, plugged in the main plug, put each one in the car and turned on the lights. Everything works fine. Parking lights, running lights, high beams and turn signals. So now they are truly plug and play. To take them out you just unplug the main plug and they're out.

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
^^Would love to see some pics of your car with the Spyder headlights!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'll take some tomorrow. I should have taken a couple this evening but the wife was telling me "DINNER IS GETTING COLD"!!! For about the third time, lol!:laugh

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
Also, make sure you at least check the aim of the headlights and re-aim if needed. I found that mine were definitely not aimed properly from the factory. And aiming them is a pain in the rear (not easy to aim like the stock headlights). YOu basically have the remove the headlight in order to alter the aim. Lots of removing, adjusting, reinstalling, checking, removing, adjusting, reinstalling, checking, etc... That's about the only thing that I didn't like about these - how hard they are to aim. Luckily, it's a one-time thing. :)

6301 - 6320 of 7247 Posts