Impala Forums banner

6281 - 6300 of 7246 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Anyone in Ontario who's interested:
If your plates are 5 years or newer and they have any peeling or cracking, you can get them replaced free of charge along with new stickers due to a defect issue they had (something to do with a reflective layer they put on the plates)
I got mine replaced but they weren't that bad. Not compared to alot of plates I see with half the numbers peeled completely off. But brand new free plates & stickers, why not. Also repainted my lower grill as it had a few big rock chips in it

·
Registered
328 Posts
I was running no front plate for the last month because I hate the front plates, but got a wierd look from a cop the other day so I put it back on :(

At least I got new plates and I got to redo my zip ties as the last ones were not as clean looking as I wanted.
I also painted my calipers a month ago and so far they are doing great. No peeling or flaking whatsoever. Looks like the day I painted them still. Used VHT Caliper paint.
Couldn't really get a good pic but I also used Simoniz plastic & trim restorer on my wheel wells, grills & fog lights using small sponge pads and it turned out amazing. I recommend that stuff if your wheel wells or fog light area are looking dull and want to bring them back to life. I applied it about a month ago and still looks good after 2 drive thru washes.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Quick question, any of you guys with the 3.6 2012+'s know if the car has an IAC valve? Trying to help out someone with a 13 Impala and after giving gas and taking foot off the peddle, RPMs jump from 600-1000 for a little bit that drop to 600 flat. I figured it might be dirty TB or MAF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
No, there is no IAC valve on the 3.6l.

Before I disabled DFCO, I had similar issues if I gave it a decent amount of throttle and then let off of the throttle completely right away. Basically, the car goes into DFCO mode in those situations, which cuts off fuel and lets the cars motion turn the motor (sort of like engine braking, which causes the RPMs to jump up). Then as soon as DFCO disables (get below a certain speed or other conditions), the RPM's drop back down to normal. I also had this happen when coasting onto highway off-ramps. Drove me crazy. Never happens now that I've disabled DFCO (with HPTuners).

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
242 Posts
Anyone in Ontario who's interested:
If your plates are 5 years or newer and they have any peeling or cracking, you can get them replaced free of charge along with new stickers due to a defect issue they had (something to do with a reflective layer they put on the plates)
I got mine replaced but they weren't that bad. Not compared to alot of plates I see with half the numbers peeled completely off. But brand new free plates & stickers, why not. Also repainted my lower grill as it had a few big rock chips in it
While not in Ontario, I do like the plate sitting in that section of the bumper... never thought of that. I wonder if that'd be illegal here in Virginia... ;)

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
No, there is no IAC valve on the 3.6l.

Before I disabled DFCO, I had similar issues if I gave it a decent amount of throttle and then let off of the throttle completely right away. Basically, the car goes into DFCO mode in those situations, which cuts off fuel and lets the cars motion turn the motor (sort of like engine braking, which causes the RPMs to jump up). Then as soon as DFCO disables (get below a certain speed or other conditions), the RPM's drop back down to normal. I also had this happen when coasting onto highway off-ramps. Drove me crazy. Never happens now that I've disabled DFCO (with HPTuners).

Thank you! If there is no IAC valve, how does it maintain idle with A/C on and such?

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
I believe that it's all computer-controlled (by varying the main throttle plate).... There are tables where you specify idle RPMs (both with and without A/C), idle rolling speeds, etc... I don't think drive-by-wire cars need IAC valves since they can just use the throttle plate to control idle (since its electronic and computer-controlled instead of beng controlled strictly via the gas pedal via linkages).

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I believe that it's all computer-controlled (by varying the main throttle plate).... There are tables where you specify idle RPMs (both with and without A/C), idle rolling speeds, etc... I don't think drive-by-wire cars need IAC valves since they can just use the throttle plate to control idle (since its electronic and computer-controlled instead of beng controlled strictly via the gas pedal via linkages).

Thanks. That actually makes perfect sense.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Took the imp on a road trip today put 850 miles going n coming smooth ride for the first time taking it on a trip

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Let me know what you guys think of these. Full RGBW and chasing features. Thinking of my next halos.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Thanks! What does everyone else think!? Also thinking of upgrading my projectors to the new ones TRS will be having for pre sale this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
Personally, I think that they are silly. But I'm old.

I could see them on a show car, but in my opinion, they are kind of useless for a daily driver - unless you like just sitting there and watching your headlights go in circles. :)

6281 - 6300 of 7246 Posts