Looks good. I like the roof!:eek:k3:

·
Registered
108 Posts
It does look cool. :eek:k3:
I can't stand people that can't park!
I'm all about defending your ride!!! :devil:
I'm not saying don't do it...
Just be prepared to pay the hospital bills of the people (incl. yourself) that accidently walk into it...
From many years experience having a truck w/ a hitch. You never seem to learn that sucker is sticking out waiting on ya. :dizzy:
Ooooo ...it's gonna be crearly marked by orange paint .... a removable attachment to the hitch .....a "real bumper bully":devil:

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
thanks ... now if i can only get this morons to stop hitting my bumoer when they park behind me (parallel street parking) id send the car to get painted .... but i got a surprise coming up .... lets say it involves a hitch and a spike ...:devil:
Great Idea!! I bet nobody would even park behind you in fear of you hitting them. lol

Also you have the same rims and paint job as mine! Nvm, you plasti-dipped them huh? Yours look a little better than mine but, mine were corroded pretty bad. Did you plasti-dip the plastic trim also? Also good to see someone else using carbon fiber vinyl wrap. Looks good on the roof! Never thought of covering that. Is each strip on the roof one single piece? If so you must have bought a huge roll!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Great Idea!! I bet nobody would even park behind you in fear of you hitting them. lol

Also you have the same rims and paint job as mine! Nvm, you plasti-dipped them huh? Yours look a little better than mine but, mine were corroded pretty bad. Did you plasti-dip the plastic trim also? Also good to see someone else using carbon fiber vinyl wrap. Looks good on the roof! Never thought of covering that. Is each strip on the roof one single piece? If so you must have bought a huge roll!
to answer your question .... that is carbon fiber..... i have a guy near me that does cf molds and helped me do it ...... it wasnt bad.... about $150 worth on cf and another $50 for him to teach me how to mold it ...... yes the rims are dipped ..... and the mouldings also ... i fugure i dont wanna do anything permanent in the car till i decide if im gonna keep it or go old school (90's 9c1)

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
to answer your question .... that is carbon fiber..... i have a guy near me that does cf molds and helped me do it ...... it wasnt bad.... about $150 worth on cf and another $50 for him to teach me how to mold it ...... yes the rims are dipped ..... and the mouldings also ... i fugure i dont wanna do anything permanent in the car till i decide if im gonna keep it or go old school (90's 9c1)
Thats real CF? But why? You could have used CF Vinyl wrap and nobody would even notice the difference. Plus its a heck of alot cheaper

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thats real CF? But why? You could have used CF Vinyl wrap and nobody would even notice the difference. Plus its a heck of alot cheaper
if i was purchasing the piece ... then yes ... but as u noticed i did not pay over $200 .... now check the price on CF vinyl .... if i had wanted to have a continous single strip it would have been way more than $200 .....
besides it was pretty cool making a one of for my car ....

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Prepped, painted, and cleared the front and rear bumper. Previous owner was attracted to curbs I guess. Was going to sand, prep, paint the hood this weekend but, its too cold. The hood is chipped up pretty bad from stones/rocks. Just something that needs to be done before the northern winter salt hits it. The hood also has 2 small dents in it I would like to take care of. There is no way to pound them out and I dont have a spot welder or a welder for that matter. Anyone know of a good body filler? I have never had to use it so I dont know what to go with.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Inspected the car in preparation for winter. Now I just need to get the energy to replace what I found. Need front bearings and inner tierods.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Bearings are cake, inner tie-rods are a pain in the ass. Stock tie-rods have no flats on them, I use vise grips.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Well, clearance is a big issue, but I have faith in you.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
The problem I always have, is that you can get the vise grips locked onto the tie-rod, but then there is no room to rotate it anywhere, you can find like half an inch of movement, so its a lot of work.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
The problem I always have, is that you can get the vise grips locked onto the tie-rod, but then there is no room to rotate it anywhere, you can find like half an inch of movement, so its a lot of work.
I have to admit I am a bit of a noob when it comes to tie-rods as I have never had to do them but, I have a question. Dont laugh! How do you know when they need to be replaced? Slop in the steering/suspension?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I have to admit I am a bit of a noob when it comes to tie-rods as I have never had to do them but, I have a question. Dont laugh! How do you know when they need to be replaced? Slop in the steering/suspension?
Can be, sometimes you can kind of feel one wheel or the other kind of clunking around. Really your best bet is to check them periodically, raise the front of the car on jack stands and try to jimmy the wheels. There should be no movement, if there is, look around behind the wheel as you wiggle it and see what is loose.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Yesterday I replaced my fuel pump, $17 and 1/2 hour of labor, it's nice having a mechanical pump. Anyway, been smelling gas a lot lately, thought it was a carb issue since I couldn't see any leaks, lines at the tank are only a couple years old. Past few days the smell has been stronger, then a couple days ago the car started stalling every now and then. So I took a look at the pump, and it was wet with gas on the bottom. Replaced it, no more smell, no more stalling, car runs better than it has in some time...

41 - 60 of 7277 Posts