Impala Forums banner

221 - 240 of 7253 Posts

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Picked up some Mother's plastic polish and did my headlights. Cleaned them up a lot but they're still hazy, still going to need new ones. Was going to plastidip the front grill but Pep Boys was out and I didn't feel like driving around.
A good wet sanding beforehand will get better results :eek:k3: They are likely too far gone though just as mine are.

·
Go Get It
15,046 Posts
A good wet sanding beforehand will get better results :eek:k3: They are likely too far gone though just as mine are.
I almost always do a good wet sanding w/ 2000 grit before I try and polish out any headlights that I restore. They may not need it, but it never hurts!

If polishing wasn't enough, I'd give the wet sanding a go. If that doesn't work out, then they may just be too far gone. I've seen 7th gen headlights get pretty bad.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I almost always do a good wet sanding w/ 2000 grit before I try and polish out any headlights that I restore. They may not need it, but it never hurts!

If polishing wasn't enough, I'd give the wet sanding a go. If that doesn't work out, then they may just be too far gone. I've seen 7th gen headlights get pretty bad.
I spent a good 30min sanding on each headlight. First with 1k then 2k. They look alot better but, too many rock chips. Yes the 7th gen headlights are big and sit low which means prone to abuse.

·
Go Get It
15,046 Posts
They're really just poorly made. Nearly every set I've seen has haze and/or corrosion on the plastic.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Is that on the side of the console? That's not hidden bro! I mounted my sub control and led's in the center console cubby (open area). I drilled a hole at the top in the back for wires. Under the arm rest (closed console) I drilled a hole for led's also.
You can't see them from the outside, I said I hid the wires. I use to have a blue flashing led in my cubby hole for when the door would open. I was gonna put my bass control in the cubby but is inconvenient.

·
Go Get It
15,046 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Thanks guys ... i have had the car for 8 months and it has been in the shop 7 times... this is the second time for the transmission. Only has 59k on it.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
FWD a blast in the winter? Haha not even. A 96' cherokee 4.0 I6 with 4wd, yes sir. Drift for mile's

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Nothing screams fun like understeer eh?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
FWD a blast in the winter? Haha not even. A 96' cherokee 4.0 I6 with 4wd, yes sir. Drift for mile's
Yes it is a blast if you do it right. I've owned rwd vehicles they are fun too. I would go out all the time in my 4wd, but I knew I wouldn't get stuck. In the impala you don't, just slide around and hope you get back home... This was just a small lot I went and actually played the most, in a giant lot.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
^^ No offense but, sound like stupidity to me. And nice job blowing through the stop signs

221 - 240 of 7253 Posts