Impala Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Impala 3.5 v6 with police package and roar pedal throttle controller
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what could cause these codes before I start throwing money at it, also can the rich code be caused by the evap code?
Product Telephony Communication Device Portable communications device Mobile phone

Product Telephony Portable communications device Communication Device Mobile device

Product Telephony Communication Device Mobile phone Portable communications device

Product Gadget Telephony Communication Device Font

·
Registered
2013 Impala LT
589 Posts
I'm not a mechanic, so could be wrong, but I could potentially see how the codes are related. If you have a bad purge valve (stuck open), it would always be drawing un-metered fuel vapors from the canister while running. This could maybe cause a rich condition. At the same time, it would explain the EVAP leak. Did both codes pop up at the same time? Does the car start harder right after filling the gas tank? I'm not one for wildly throwing parts at a car to fix a problem, but for $20ish that might be the first part I looked into replacing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not a mechanic, so could be wrong, but I could potentially see how the codes are related. If you have a bad purge valve (stuck open), it would always be drawing un-metered fuel vapors from the canister while running. This could maybe cause a rich condition. At the same time, it would explain the EVAP leak. Did both codes pop up at the same time? Does the car start harder right after filling the gas tank? I'm not one for wildly throwing parts at a car to fix a problem, but for $20ish that might be the first part I looked into replacing.
The car works perfectly and it threw the codes at the same time no problems with gas mileage or start ups or anything works like new still so I’m.a bit worried shits gonna hit the fan soon haha

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But I am gonna start with that and if it’s not that I’m gonna assume the codes are separate from each other and go for plugs, evap canister and so on lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
ECM is receiving a rich condition from your up stream O2 sensor. Many things can cause a rich condition. Worn plugs, leaking injectors, a faulty O2 sensor, bad plug wires, etc.. Need a trust worthy technician with good high end scan tool to look at live data to see what the fuel trims are. The EVAP leak could be related but usually the purge solenoid dies on these cars frequently. They get dusty and dirty and stop working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.