Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so ive been scouring junkyards for a long time and have only came up w/ 2 possible center consoles that might fit w/o heavy modification / fiberglass ect........stock 1995 9c1 caprice ( between the stock police seats w/ the police console removed )

1. the center console found in the 1993 thru 99? suburban ( i had a 93 and thats the center console i was originally thinking about )

2. my new find yesterday at the junkyard was an 01 chevy 1500 2wd center console ( what i noticed is that it will not fit w/ the stock heater/ air cond vents which i dont really care about because i wont hook them up)
( but i will keep them for further subwoofer mods maybe 10" in the console :biggrin::rolleyes:anyways...)

so my question is has anyone else mocked up anything besides a 94 thru 96 impala shifter i like them but im going for different and ill be making a clone later so....

anyways im open to suggestions b4 i buy either andill try to post pics of the 2 that its between but im busy w/ 4th of july shit u know ... thanx

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
The chevy trailblazer has a floor shift that looks really nice and I have seen it in several caprice/impalas. They used the whole package out of a trailblazer....it works and looks pretty damn nice.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx angel but i dont know if i want an empty shifter i have the pics check it out...

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Empty shifter? The trailblazer has a floor shifter. I am confused....Are you looking at a floor shift console or just a console that looks good and keep your column shifter?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i want a functional cup holding center console:smile: not a floor shifter and yes i plan on keeping the column shift
(i want to do an impala clone later so thats when the other options are good )

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Ok, I will look at some of the cars we have here and see if there is anything that looks decent. The typical 94-95 impala console works pretty well. Do you remember the 96 console I customized for my car?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i remember seeing a picture but i dont remember if it had the shifter and the exact details ect...

if u got it on hand post it it can only help this thread!!!lol

·
Banned
3,667 Posts

Instead of switches you can have anything you want mounted in that shifter hole. If i had not added switched i would have added custom drink holders or a hidden compartment.

·
Super Moderator
3,943 Posts
s-blazer or Bravada

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Instead of switches you can have anything you want mounted in that shifter hole. If i had not added switched i would have added custom drink holders or a hidden compartment.
yea im thinking about a hidden compartment because both of these consoles have room for it .... that or a 10 inch sub mounted in there so whne i have girls in the car and they cant stand the 15's pounding!!!!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so i seen wome more nice cosole yesterday at my junkyard adventures,
most that looked like they would fit were in the chevy blazers i think , i also had them pull out the console from a 97, 98? chevy 454 pickup im gna mock it up at there shop to see which one i want b4 spending the money .....
i like the 99 chevy one but some of the parts are missing and id have to find some or make some custom ones ( cup holders ect )

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just get a bravada console. SHave the shifter hole and call it a day.

Cup Holders on the bravada consoles are great.
thanx for the advice buffman but that console is way to plain for me ( and i want to make a secret compartment so im still thinkinjg about the suburban / chvy 1500 console jsut so much room!!!!!!:tongue::rolleyes::smile:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so im gonig to the junkyard to buy my first console tommorow while i have the money!!!! im still thinking about going w/ the 99 454 3500 single axle chevy console it looks way more taken care of and has alot of clereance

i havent test fit it yet, i had them pull it 4 me the other day and im going tommorow to choose or have them pull me a bravada console ( they have alot of bravadas there so lots of console parts)

idk well see tommorow ill post pics... any last min suggestions?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Have you looked at the buick console. I used one on my old 9C1, I took out the shifter plate and made a compartment to hide a Glock 27. There pretty nice consoles, with CD holder,rear air vents, and power outlets and two cup holders.
Buick console ebay link

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have you looked at the buick console. I used one on my old 9C1, I took out the shifter plate and made a compartment to hide a Glock 27. There pretty nice consoles, with CD holder,rear air vents, and power outlets and two cup holders.
Buick console ebay link
yea the junkyard that i go to only has 4x4 parts and like 1 car and its a pos crown vic w/ nothing useful on /in it im limited to truck suv consoles pretty much anyways im going today!!!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Found a few pics, there from 7-8years ago.

And under here is where the compartment can be made.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nice and what console is tht again??? didnt look familiar?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts