Impala Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,560 Posts
Here in B.C. Canada we are screwed with a Government run monopoly . We pay more than the other Provinces with poorer coverage.
I HATE ICBC :gaah:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Allstate. $150.00 a month for full coverage both vehicles. 2018 Corvette Convertible, and 2019 Blazer.
$500 Collision Deductible, $100 comprehensive deductible, $100/300K Liability persons, $500K property, $100/300K uninsured motorist.

·
Registered
360 Posts
It cant be worse than Michigan no-fault insurance.
No fault is not the issue! It's the unlimited catastrophic claims is the real issue at $192/ vehicle added to insurance. We have 2 P.U.'s and 1 sedan along with 2 classics.

My agent is a workout buddy so I get best price IIRC the newest truck is costing us about $950/yr and the other is five years old and thats about $900. the sedan is $750.

Above are $250 collision and $100 comp.

Classics run a total of $450/yr for both. Zero deductible across the board.

Pat

·
Registered
369 Posts
No fault is not the issue! It's the unlimited catastrophic claims is the real issue at $192/ vehicle added to insurance. We have 2 P.U.'s and 1 sedan along with 2 classics.

My agent is a workout buddy so I get best price IIRC the newest truck is costing us about $950/yr and the other is five years old and thats about $900. the sedan is $750.

Above are $250 collision and $100 comp.

Classics run a total of $450/yr for both. Zero deductible across the board.

Pat
Yeah...the catastrophic claims is super annoying. I have a back up truck that I only want PLPD on. It gets driven less than 1000 miles a year. Still costs 50/month to insure though.

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
I'm with Geico. I'm in a bit of a unique situation though as I work in a collision repair shop. Due to this, and the fact that all 3 of my vehicles are between 18 and 20 years old and would likely be totaled in any moderate accident, I have liability and comprehensive coverage only, and no collision coverage. Because I'll likely never need my insurance company to pay for repairs, I don't particularly care that Geico is "a pain in the ass to deal with." All that matters to me is the premium payment, which I pay just over $1000 per 6 month period for all 3 vehicles combined. The next closest rate I got was $2200 for the same coverage and 6 month period from Allstate.

·
Registered
128 Posts
We have USAA! We had Liberty Mutual, but they raised our rates and then couldn't tell us why. I spoke with 3 different representatives and all three gave me different reasons. My wife spoke with a couple of others and they, too, gave her different answers. We turned them over to the North Carolina Insurance Commission. In the end, we told Liberty Mutual what they could do with their company! I doubt they even gave a $*#$! USAA has been great, especially during the last hurricane! They never raised out rates!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, men! When the speach is going about the insurance I have such question - can I buy group auto insurance if one of my cars is a lien? I bought one for my son and right now the bank is a lienholder. Buying insurance for my son is quite expensive, as long as he's 18. I want to add his insurance to my policy. I've read about lien here https://www.americaninsurance.com/how-get-insurance-18-year-old-drivers, but, honestly, I don't understand some things in that article. And more, there is no answer for my question? Does anyone know, what should I do? I will ask my own question, if I won't have an answer here.

·
Registered
630 Posts
We just bought a 2016 Acadia Denali and it cheaper to insure than the Impala!! I don't understand why my Impala is so much money to insure. My only guess is my commute to work is 104 miles round trip. I would think that a run of the mill Impala would be cheap. Even my 2004 GTO, which is very expensive to fix, is cheaper. I think I am around $900 a half on 4 cars, full coverage on all, through Progressive. This is in rural Missouri. When I lived in NJ, I had MetLife through a work discount and I was being ass raped for $3000 a year, with full coverage on 2 and garage/summer coverage on the GTO. This is all with no tickets, accidents or claims.

As stated, your zip code, age, marital status, driving record, credit score, insurance score, vehicle types and usage and mileage counts will all dictate your price. I haven't priced car insurance in the last few months but when I last did, Progressive was still cheaper for me.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts