Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the 3.9L in my 08 Imp. I know i can tune it using HPtuners but what else can i do performance wise. working on either a CAI or FWI for it now

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
CAI, exhaust, tune, an assload of stickers. You can prolly get 500HP that way. 100 with a K/N Intake, 50 with exhaust, 25 with a tune, and easy 325 with a sticker like I have on my rear window.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm. guess i'll just drop an L32 in there after all (evil smile)

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
I was serious about the first three. A swap is always fun, though. Do the RWD mod and drop in a LS9. (EvilER face)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i could but at $10,000 for the RWD conversion think i'll pass. heavily modded L32 and drag bags i'll be good hehehe

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
L32 is rated at 260hp, the 3.9L is rated at 233hp...I'm pretty sure you can make up the difference in bolt-ons and tune...although I must admit I do not know how far you can hop up the L32...and you'd be surprised at the cost of the RWD conversion, we discussed it in another thread, you can pick up a wrecked vette for 3-5k depending on motor and condition of the wreck......mmmm tastey! There's a couple of us saving at this very moment.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts