Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tires on my 2012 Impala make the car ride so bad. What are some of the best brands and models of all-season tires for my 2012 impala with the 16” wheels?

I want good tire grip while accelerating (300 hp) around corners. I also want the car to handle good in snow.

The ride of this car makes me feel much older than I am. :rolleyes:

Thanks! :yahoo:

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
When I change out my tire on the 2012 ltz I am going with these
Continental*ExtremeContact DWS

Don't know if you need them for light snow, if not same tire but just DW, save you a few bucks

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
I have an 04 but brands are the same throughout tire sizes. I don't recommend Kuhmo Solus KR21 for wet weather. They are absolutely terrible. Last summer I could not believe how bad they were. Side note: they are surprisingly great in snow. Go figure.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i just got a set of the new michelin defenders about 4k miles ago. been great for me so far, great on acceleration, great in light snow (havent tried in heavy snow) i have no complaints about them yet

·
Designated Driver
4,516 Posts
This is just MY opinion:

Bridgestone "Eager"
Awesome tire in all (Good in snow) conditions.
Quiet, responsive, H rated, & cheap!
I've had them on a '88 Maxima, '93 Grand Am, '95 Neon, '95 Grand Prix GTP, '00 Daewoo Leganza & a '95 Maxima
I drove the P!SS out of these tires all over Eastern KY. & TN. North Carolina & Northern GA.
Interstates, backroads, dirt & gravel mountian roads, HIGH speeds, wet, dry, HOT, cold, nothing bothered them... Until around 40,000mi. :hope:
Thennnnnnn you may wanna start looking for some new tires. :eek:k3:
Oh.
Did I mention; They're Bridgestones!!!

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Kumho Solus Xpert KH20 gets my vote for spring, fall and summer. They do pretty good in light snow, but not so good in heavy snow. With all season you'll never get GREAT performance in heavy snow, or at least none that I have seen. For Winter tires Firestone Winterforce, Bridgestone Blizzak or General Altimax Arctic get my vote. Currently running Firestone Winterfrce studded and loving them! I've been making it to work where 4x4 trucks haven't been able to.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Don't have any complaints about my michelin cientra's. Too bad you cant find them anymore. My uniroyal bear claws on the other hand suck in the snow. Rear end is constantly loosing grip.

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
I got BFGoodrich T/A Advantage tires off TireRack for my stockers and love them. Everyone who's driven or ridden has said they were nice tires too.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I've been making it to work where 4x4 trucks haven't been able to.
Blame that on the 4x4 drivers, or the 4X4 guy's don't want to go to work, just want to go 'play' in the shit.

·
Registered
292 Posts
My son put a set of Continental's ExtremeContact DWS (DWS for Dry, Wet & Snow) Ultra High Performance All-Season on his 2008 Subaru Legacy GT He is very happy with them..

I would also suggest The Michelin Defender Standard Touring All-Season tire.
One of the guys in the club put these on his 2012 Impala LS and sold the stock Goodyear tires on Craigslist..
He says that changing the tires was a great move as the ride quality, noise and handling were much better.

The Continentals would be my first choice and the Michelin would be my second choice.

Reactions: Discount Tire
1 - 13 of 13 Posts