Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently picked up an '02 and I'm noticing water issues inside the cabin. The footwell for the rear passenger on the passenger side is a frozen lake right now, and I discovered the driver seatbelt was soaked today as well...

The frozen lake I'm assuming is from the car setting all winter with leaves built up in the cowl and with the car setting at a slight uphill angle all that rain and melting snow must have come through the fresh air intake??

But the seatbelt? any ideas?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Take the plastic cowl cover where the wipers is on the pass side. You'll see a rubber piece that is probably sitting on you're cabin air filter. That needs to be secured to the lip on the cowl, you'll see where it has to be once you see it. Fix that and the lake will dry up so to speak.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Agreed, likely a cabin filter seal issue. As for the seatbelt I have no idea. Maybe check the door seals :dunno:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Someone is sneaking into your car and weeing on your seat belts...

X2 on the cabin air filter seal.

I would say if it just happened to your seat belt today the door might not have been all the way shut

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
When it's real cold I have problems with my rear door latches sticking after I open them so, entirely possible. One day I was on the way into work and closed my rear door but, it didn't close all the way. A coworker driving by told me "your car door isn't closed all the way", I said "huh, thank you". I checked and sure enough, it was still open.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahaha yeah the gremlins are messing with my vehicles when in not looking.

Got a new cabin filter waiting to go in, guess we'll see what I find

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts