Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 65 Impala and i was going to put some nice speakers in it but noticed that there is no cut outs in the metal for speakers under the package tray for 6x9's , or on the doors for some 6 1/2's. The package tray is already installed and i dont want someone to cut it, is there any other place to put them? Thanks!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Speaker installation

A fairly common place to mount speakers is the rear "wall card" in the passenger seating area, but you'll have to cut. Custom boxes can be made to mount speakers in the front footwells, but there is a lot of sound degredation. To do a stereo, and make it sound good, you really need those 6x9s reflecting their sound off the back glass, and the fronts in the doors. So the short answer: Without either cutting, or having tacky boxes sitting out everywhere, no there really isn't.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet, Thanks for the reply. I guess i will have to have some pro's do it and not some lame electronics store people. Ill have to do my research. :cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah Man I Agree The Package Tray Is The Best Place To Install Some High Power 6x9s. You Could Have A Trunk Box Built But That Takes Up Sooo Much Trunk Space.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts