Impala Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok last night was the first time i went to the strip here is my best run.
R/t - .121
60ft- 2.261
330 - 6.453
1/8 - 9.846
1/8 mph - 73.38
1000ft - 12.737
1/4 - 15.193
mph - 91.77

my car is a 1994 impala ss "true ss" stock motor with cold air intake every thing else is stock. is this where i should be? there was a stock fox body running a 15+ and a 3rd gen camaro running 15+

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
sounds about right ive heard of some stock (except cai ) 9c1s running high
14's so??

·
Super Moderator
3,941 Posts
Sounds normal.
Now the question is how fast do you want it to be?:toothy3:

There was a time I was going to be happy with a high 13 second car :eek: , didn't stick to that plan too well.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im thinking 383 stroker with a supercharger. so 10's? 9's?

·
Banned
117 Posts
Thats pretty damn good for a pretty much stock '94 Impala SS.

Add: PCM reprogram,160* thermostat,Throttle body bypass,smog pump delete,and MAF descreen.You should see 14's fairly easy.Oh and seafoam the shit out of your motor (if its high milage and sees alot of idel time).

Add long tube headers and its OV.....

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the car has 95,xxx miles and i just did a 3 angle valve job on it and a cold air intake....i was thinking maybe larger valves , heads ported , intake ported and a cam. just for a cruiser

·
Super Moderator
3,941 Posts
IMO the 160 stat is overhyped, not a bad thing but not as important as folks think it is.

"smog pump delete" will do absolutely nothing for power.

MAF descreen at best does nothing or could cause some funkyness with idle. I actually put a screened one back in the car.

3-angle valve job is about meaningless, the stock one was pretty good and I would not blindly assume that some local will do better.

The iron heads are fine for mild porting, I have a set put aside for my wagon for that purpose. Port them heavily though and they have been known to crack.

Bigger valves are overhyped too. The LT1 iron heads can take the 2.02/1.6 everyone wants but if you hog out the ports enough to make it really worthwhile you risk the cracking I mentioned.

On the LT1 aluminum heads the seats are only good for up to 2.00 so shops stick to 2.00/1.56 valves and they work wonderfully. Some guys do go ahead and put in new seats so they can have the 2.02 BUT I have yet to see a single one of those builds turn out as well as many of the midsized valve setups.

IMO this is the best option for LT1 and LS1 heads.
www.advancedinduction.com they have well above average power and outstanding reliability.

·
Banned
117 Posts
IMO the 160 stat is overhyped, not a bad thing but not as important as folks think it is.

"smog pump delete" will do absolutely nothing for power.

MAF descreen at best does nothing or could cause some funkyness with idle. I actually put a screened one back in the car.
The 160* stat is really only called for if you have your PCM reprogrammed and part of that programming is having your timing bumped.Atleast that is what i have heard from a few different tuners.

smog pump delete is to basicly shed some waight,make more room/clearence under the hood and keep crap from going into your exhaust and f-ing up your cats.Over time the smog/air pumps can collect dirt,sand,debrie over the years that could be harmful to your emmisions.

Yeah i agree,MAF descreen does not really do anything but many have opt to doing it.Also when descreening your MAF it is recomended that you only do this if you are planing on having your PCM reprogrammed.Same goes for adding a 160* thermostat.The tuner can make the correct adjustments for these mods.

I have descreened pretty much every car i have had and never had any issues,reprogram or no reprograming.

·
Super Moderator
3,941 Posts
Look at my sig, you aren't going to tell me anything I don't already know.

I actually take the time to UNDERSTAND these things. Like exactly HOW the MAF functions which leads to me decision to leave the screen in.

The FWD stuff is a great woman's car.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the reason for the valve job was the valves werent seating right and i was losing compression through an exhaust valve

·
Registered
197 Posts
There's only two reasons to put the 160* T-stat in, and one is mainly to run the MAX amount of timing possible with 93 octane, and two to help lower trans and oil temps by 20* overall. A bigger cooler or eliminating the radiator cooler would negate the second. With proper logging and careful tuning, you could see probably the same amount of timing with 93 on 180* T-stat.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
must be nice to have something with some balls.. if i ran the 91 i could watch the seasons change ..LOL
lmao!!! i had a 1991 it wasnt that slow!!! ( or maybe i just dont remember? :confused:lol) but i never really raced it i had the 20's and they were heavy!!! i didnt want to mess 1 up and not be able to find a spare
( i didnt know what kind of rims they were and they didnt say im sure i could of found them online)

i should of took her to the drag strip i misss that car!!!! :frown::rolleyes:

Yeah chicks do dig it :tongue:
lol yeah they like that u both drive the same thing lol j/k

1 - 15 of 15 Posts