Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone... I have a couple of issues here and the place i brought it to isn't helping (they say they don't feel or hear anything, barely if anything) steering wheel isnt smooth and feels clunking and shifty if making turns (more than switching lanes)

the other one is this weird popping/knockking noise that sounds from the front right and rear right whenhitting bumps on occasion, and when accelerating from a dead stop. also heard while making 90 degree turns... any help???/ need assistance ASAP Thank You

·
Registered
375 Posts
First problem sounds like your Intermediate Steering Shaft (ISS). You can buy a lubricating kit from GM for about 20 bucks and do it yourself, or pay them to do it.

Second item sounds like a suspension problem... but I'm no expert on suspensions.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would it still be the ISS if it starts off for the first few minutes almost normal then gradually get worse?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi everyone... I have a couple of issues here and the place i brought it to isn't helping (they say they don't feel or hear anything, barely if anything) steering wheel isnt smooth and feels clunking and shifty if making turns (more than switching lanes)

the other one is this weird popping/knockking noise that sounds from the front right and rear right whenhitting bumps on occasion, and when accelerating from a dead stop. also heard while making 90 degree turns... any help???/ need assistance ASAP Thank You
Noise from tire might be a ball-joint..:eek:

·
Registered
557 Posts
yes it could still be the ISS Go to the dealer and get the updated ISS. They completely redesigned it. No more lube kit, they got rid of that.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
well i decided just to do a nice 5 second spray of white lithium grease into it, right at the end, the plastic straw fell down the rubber boot, should i be concerned bc i have no idea how to take it all apart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts