Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right my car loves the heated shop.. its back in there and i am stuck driving what seems to be a 2000 sunfire !! God it's hideous but skinny tires help in snow it seems lets see how this car behaves on the highway. I will be driving it in the grandpa lane though !

total behind the wheel time i would say 30 days , purchased it October.

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
That's right my car loves the heated shop.. its back in there and i am stuck driving what seems to be a 2000 sunfire !! God it's hideous but skinny tires help in snow it seems lets see how this car behaves on the highway. I will be driving it in the grandpa lane though !

total behind the wheel time i would say 30 days , purchased it October.
Man that sucks! Hope they can fix it fast...:gaah:

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
what for?

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
O sorry for a chip in paint.. the put the decal at wrong spot on fender and i think they chipped paint while moving it around.. now they are saving it was a stone chip and said hood also got those chips which i noticed only now (got the imp. back already) . It's funny there are no stone chips on other fender, i am just thinking those guys used bad paint ..

How easy is it for paint to get chipped by stones ? I see no chips on my windshield however. I wonder if the shop guys did an awful job at painting the hood and fender and wont admit to it, but i could be mistaken i am not sure if I heard of paint chipping cause of stones.

I think i might have to plasti dip those chipped areas or is there an easy way for me to fix those chips up ? Touch up paint will do ?

Upset to see so many chips on the hood upclose, i do recall going behind a truck throwing sand/stones on the road but it hit both my hood and windshield and not damaging windshield but paint i cannot imagine..

Feeling bit down today i hope i can fix these chips on my own without too much expense i don't think my insurance covers paint chipping away cause of stones :(.

BTW that sunfire was crap did i mention that before ?

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Touch up paint will work but it needs to be warmer than what you guys are getting now

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Touch up paint will work but it needs to be warmer than what you guys are getting now
Yaa going to hold on any paint till all snow has melted and we above 10C temperatures. Would waxing the car help and would it wax away the touch up paint ? The chips are barely noticeable they did not go through to metal just the black coating stuff is showing and not metal (i hope its not metal).

I cannot believe i did not pay attention before, i should have checked the paint work by the shop after i got the car but again the truck infront of me spraying the stones might have caused it too.. darn the truck.. they are not too awful i think and patch up should not be visible much ?

What you think will they be noticeable much ? There are few more but only some pictures i took.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
What "decal" on the fender?

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What "decal" on the fender?
the gm logo thing on the side fender.. was put in wrong location and not in line with the side body molding (the strip that runs across the doors )

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Those look like plain ol rock chips to me, touch up paint is your best bet, don't wax it first, the wax will fill in the chips and dry white, then the paint won't stick. After is fine.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
the gm logo thing on the side fender..
You mean the chiclet? :giggle:

Stone chips ...... Something you have to get used to. My hood is covered in them :eek:k3: Will be getting repainted and 2 small dents filled by me in the summer time. Also thinking about getting a small stone shield/bug guard.

Stone chips really depend on how close you follow other vehicles

1 - 11 of 11 Posts