Impala Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that West Coast Customs is now offering "special kits" of complete sound systems for various vehicles at Best Buy now. I was just wondering if anyone has checked these out? I was thinking that it's just another way to add extra expense to a total system or wondering if it's quality one stop shopping?? I realize the more knowledgeable people could prolly piece together the same thing for cheaper but still just curious about this new offering.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Well since Best Buy sells mostly overpriced sub-quality audio equipment, I'm guessing its just a way to add more to the price for a "name".

Just my $.02

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
^exactly. best buy doesnt sell much good audio gear. and what they DO have is overpriced. also i remember from pimp my ride, WCC used some lower quality subs quite often. some of the shit they did on that show made me lose respect for them

·
Registered
418 Posts
^exactly. best buy doesnt sell much good audio gear. and what they DO have is overpriced. also i remember from pimp my ride, WCC used some lower quality subs quite often. some of the shit they did on that show made me lose respect for them
X2 Agreed! :eek:k3:

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha....even they admit doing that show ruined it for them, that's why they stopped doing it. they do some quality stuff on their new show.

I just liked the idea that I could go in, give them my make, model, and year, and they will hand me a pallet of everything I need....not being an audio guru myself. But I think my fears are confirmed.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
haha....even they admit doing that show ruined it for them, that's why they stopped doing it. they do some quality stuff on their new show.

I just liked the idea that I could go in, give them my make, model, and year, and they will hand me a pallet of everything I need....not being an audio guru myself. But I think my fears are confirmed.
I didnt know they admited that show was gay haha. but most stuff will fit in most cars. if youre really not sure you can always check crutchfield

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
You mean u guys dont think its cool to have a fish tank in you back seat? Or a turntable in your glove box? or a closet as a trunk?

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the first year they did cool shit, but then it went downhill real quick. They've admitted in several different mediums that they saw how stupid it was and that they were becoming synonomous with that bullshit so they wanted off the show. That's actually why he made his last 2 series, to prove that that nonsense was all MTV and had nothing to do with them.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Yes, it seemed that the show went from actually doing cool, realistic custom work to showing how crazy they could make a car. It was manipulated into something that really had nothing to do with delivering a cool custom car that the customer wanted, but rather a showcase for over the top modifications.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
showcasing "why would you do that" I think is more like it :lol: I can't believe the rap dude still wants to be a part of it. Galpin Auto sure has no problem with looking like tools on national tv however.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
Yes, it seemed that the show went from actually doing cool, realistic custom work to showing how crazy they could make a car. It was manipulated into something that really had nothing to do with delivering a cool custom car that the customer wanted, but rather a showcase for over the top modifications.
exactly what i was thinking. they did a lot of stuff to show that they COULD. not cuz it was cool.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts