Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i need help I'm in the process of trading my 91acura for a 91 caprice yes i know its a stupid trade but I love v8s simple as that anyway the guy has a 91 caprice classic with a 350 v8 he states that the car is good all around but he says that the waterpump needs to be cleaned what does he mean by this cuz I've never heard of a water pump being cleaned i asked him what he meant by this an he hasn't replied back to me so can you guess help me out here plz an thank you

·
Storm Trooper Ralf
4,334 Posts
Water pumps get replaced not cleaned...he clearly doesnt know what he is talking about. Take a mechanic with you if possible to look the car over.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Pics, and not a stupid trade if it only needs a waterpump IMO. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
18,506 Posts
The 91's also came with a 305. Can't really tell the difference unless numbers are checked. If this guy doesn't know what a water pump is, he won't know what size the engine is, either. Like the guys said, bring a mechanic with you. Ask him what the difference between a 350 and a 305 is. Have him look.:eek:k3:
Good luck with it! And, yes, PIIIICS!!! :lol:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Well, its obviously not the most practical trade, I'll give you that. But its still a great car.

I concur with the above, you don't "clean" a water pump. Luckily they are very cheap and easy to replace if it needs it.

·
Drinks Gasoline
237 Posts
Well, the Caprice is probably an easier car to work on, but the Acura probably won't need quite as much work until the mileage gets higher.

Wife has an '01 Integra that I've worked on. It's definitely not bad for a FWD, but it's still FWD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts