Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2001 impala ls and sometimes there is water in the passenger side floor board its not the heater core. can anyone please help?:confused:

·
Registered
375 Posts
It's your cabin air filter leaking.

I'll grab a link and post it up.

Here it is: Third from the bottom, on the right.

"Want to know how to change the Passenger Compartment Air Filter? Click on the filter and see. "

http://impalahq.naioa.com/index2.html

The whole thing is a 15-20 minute job. Might as well replace the filter when you're in there, only costs about ten bucks... it'll make the air blowing into your car a little cleaner.

·
Registered
657 Posts
not all imps came with them installed, i know mine didnt. since i found that out a few years ago, i have made sure there is always a good one in there, though.

·
Registered
375 Posts
No problemo. I'm just glad I beat wedebrook to the punch, for once :biggrin:

·
Registered
657 Posts
No problemo. I'm just glad I beat wedebrook to the punch, for once :biggrin:
I'll get you next time....
:cool:
you have to understand, im unemployed right now and this quarter, all three of my classes are on wednesday. that gives me 6 days a week to troll impalaforums and naioa. once NI comes back up, i might just rejoin over there and wreck the party, too. :biggrin:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Follow up question on Cabin Air Filter leaking water

I checked the cabin air filter during my last oil change and found it was wet. I reviewed the link in this thread on how to change the filter to make sure I was doing it correctly (which I was). I called a local dealer and they told me it could be the weather strip which sits underneath the hood and sits right above the filter. It is very similar to the one that is in the engine compartment and has to be pulled off half way to gain access to the filter. I did notice one end of the weather strip underneath by the filter was a bit loose. Does this sound right that this could be the source of the leak since everything else was assembled correctly? I do not want to ignore this. Thanks for everyone's help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts