Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More problems with an 09 9c1 I just purchased.. While making turns I hear a sloshing water sound and I traced it to be under the passanger seat. It seems that there is water trapped under the rubber police carpet/floor cover. i poked a hole in it and water seeps out. Called the dealer he said it is from his car washing guy who apparently uses a hose to clean the interiors of the police cars and he said the guy must have allowed water to get under there.

Is this possible or is this water damage from flooding? How serious is this potentially?

thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Detail

I have seen detail people do that before with a hose. I saw a friend of mine who owned a body shop do this in the detail bay one day. He not only sprayed the carpet, he did the seats, and dash. I told him I would never let him touch my cars. It's frigging insane. If it is not dried out properly you are garanteed mold and a smell that will never go away short of replacing the carpet and sound deadner under it. They do sell some stuff to so called combat this situation, however it should have never been done in the first place. Would you let anyone take a hose and spray water in any car you own? Why would a dealer allow this? I would not do this even if there were no carpet on the floor. This is just ignorance at the highest level. At least that is my opinion. :eek:k3:

Jeff

·
Designated Driver
4,516 Posts
So how soon are they going to get you in, to remove your interior & fix the problem?
Flood or not, you better git in them britches!!!
:whip2:
:icon_axe:
:pain10:
:icon_clown:
:violent1:

Ya feel me?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So how soon are they going to get you in, to remove your interior & fix the problem?
Flood or not, you better git in them britches!!!
:whip2:
:icon_axe:
:pain10:
:icon_clown:
:violent1:

Ya feel me?
supposed to call me today to discuss. This is a used car dealer, not official GM dealer, but still no excuse for doing something like this... I was more worried that the water could have come from the recent hurricane and they didnt disclose, but he has been reassuring me it is the cleaning guy who did it... not sure what to believe... overall im very unahppy with this purchase... so far it seems there are 3 important issues i discovered... noise from the engine (alternator), noise from front end (still diagnosing), and now water under the carpet sloshing around while i drive... not fun...

is there any way i can check if there was water in other places and perhaps it was flood damage not some idiot with a hose?

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
supposed to call me today to discuss. This is a used car dealer, not official GM dealer, but still no excuse for doing something like this... I was more worried that the water could have come from the recent hurricane and they didnt disclose, but he has been reassuring me it is the cleaning guy who did it... not sure what to believe... overall im very unahppy with this purchase... so far it seems there are 3 important issues i discovered... noise from the engine (alternator), noise from front end (still diagnosing), and now water under the carpet sloshing around while i drive... not fun...

is there any way i can check if there was water in other places and perhaps it was flood damage not some idiot with a hose?
Check very carefully under the dash. Look fo rrust, or corroded connections....

·
Registered
432 Posts
I would take the carpet/rubber floor out and look to see if the grommets on the floor are still in place. A buddy of mine had the same type of problem, we took the carpet out and seen the two on the rear floor boards popped out.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I would take the carpet/rubber floor out and look to see if the grommets on the floor are still in place. A buddy of mine had the same type of problem, we took the carpet out and seen the two on the rear floor boards popped out.
I wouldn't be doing this. I would have the dealer do it :eek:k3:

They messed up and should pay for it. Heck I would get them to replace the carpet and sound deadener too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts