Impala Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally removed the water spots on my chevy impala, but I am having trouble removing the water sports on the back of my window and they are not even two days old will goo gone work?:giggle:

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
quadruple zero steel wool. Hardware stores have it. "0000" steel wool....

·
Storm Trooper Ralf
4,334 Posts
quadruple zero steel wool. Hardware stores have it. "0000" steel wool....
never used steel wool to take off heavy water spots? this body shop i worked at was doing it and it worked pretty damn good and didnt leave and scratches or anything

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
^^ be careful, make sure it is 0000, which is finer and less abrasive. 000 would be fine too. I would stay away from 00 and regular "unrated" steel wool though.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
^^ just had to make sure..... :)

I also know vinegar works - with that, be sure it does not get on the paint though.....

·
Storm Trooper Ralf
4,334 Posts
^^ just had to make sure..... :)

I also know vinegar works - with that, be sure it does not get on the paint though.....
yeah ive heard vinegar works as well and ive seen truckers putting it into their wiper fluid to get bugs off faster.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Need help it's not removing the water spots on my back and front windshield and I'm using the steel wool #0000 what else can I do???

·
Storm Trooper Ralf
4,334 Posts
you can use a combination or glass cleaner and the steel wool. i went to home depot and got some waterstain remover for shower doors and used it with a polishing pad. i gotta say my windows look BRAND NEW lol i also did my yukon and they look clean as hell!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you can use a combination or glass cleaner and the steel wool. i went to home depot and got some waterstain remover for shower doors and used it with a polishing pad. i gotta say my windows look BRAND NEW lol i also did my yukon and they look clean as hell!
What was it called??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts