Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I have been having a sloshing/water sound coming from what sounds like behind the dash. I took it to certified service and they couldn't replicate it and said the A/C hose was draining fine. Sure enough when I drove away and went over a speed hump I could hear it once more. Any other ideas on what it could be? Thank you!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Hey Guys, I have been having a sloshing/water sound coming from what sounds like behind the dash. I took it to certified service and they couldn't replicate it and said the A/C hose was draining fine. Sure enough when I drove away and went over a speed hump I could hear it once more. Any other ideas on what it could be? Thank you!

Year, make, and model would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I owned a 2008, 2011 and 2012 Impala LTZ, and now own a 2014 Impala 2LTZ.

Is your Impala the “new” model, or the Impala Limited?

If your a/c condensation hose is draining properly, you must have a pocket of water somewhere. The 8th generation Impala model could trap water in the cowl, and cause a sloshing sound. The way to check is to remove the air inlet grill and water deflector according to the instructions in the vehicle owner’s manual - to inspect the cowl area (very easy to do).

If you have the new / 9th generation model - I’m not sure what would cause the sloshing sound - other than you MAY be low on engine coolant, which could cause a gurgling or water sound inside the heater core. Another possibility is you have a leak into your trunk, with water filing the spare tire well - causing the sloshing sound (sounds can be hard to pinpoint the origin in cars).

I have not seen posts regarding water sloshing sounds on the 9th generation models. I wish I could be of more help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I owned a 2008, 2011 and 2012 Impala LTZ, and now own a 2014 Impala 2LTZ.

Is your Impala the “new” model, or the Impala Limited?

If your a/c condensation hose is draining properly, you must have a pocket of water somewhere. The 8th generation Impala model could trap water in the cowl, and cause a sloshing sound. The way to check is to remove the air inlet grill and water deflector according to the instructions in the vehicle owner’s manual - to inspect the cowl area (very easy to do).

If you have the new / 9th generation model - I’m not sure what would cause the sloshing sound - other than you MAY be low on engine coolant, which could cause a gurgling or water sound inside the heater core. Another possibility is you have a leak into your trunk, with water filing the spare tire well - causing the sloshing sound (sounds can be hard to pinpoint the origin in cars).

I have not seen posts regarding water sloshing sounds on the 9th generation models. I wish I could be of more help.
I believe it is 10th generation and not the limited edition. Thank you for your suggestions I will mention all that at my appt. today. Also I did have a small amount of water in the spare tire well but after clearing that the noise persisted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts