Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Impala LT2 and am getting water into the spare tire cavity in the trunk.
This is the third time., with 110,000 miles , warranty has expired.
Any thoughts on resolving this issue

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I have a 2014 Impala LT2 and am getting water into the spare tire cavity in the trunk.
This is the third time., with 110,000 miles , warranty has expired.
Any thoughts on resolving this issue

You will have to replace the tail lamps gasket seals according to this TSB: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2014/SB-10092869-0335.pdf

You will have to remove all the material in the trunk, and clean and dry it (or replace it). Pay attention to the trunk mounted radio amplifier, which is often damaged by the water intrusion. While the trunk material is removed, you should inspect the bare metal for any signs of mold and/or mildew. If present, you will have to clean the surfaces with a bleach solution.

Removal of the tall lamps requires partial removal of the rear bumper fascia, from both ends behind the left and right wheel openings.

I have a 2014 Impala 2LTZ on which the tail lamp gasket seals were replaced. Makes you wonder how a car company as big as GM was unable or unwilling to design a a tail lamp gasket that didn’t leak on a bunch of new cars.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts