Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, was wondering if ya'll could help me figure out this water problem.
I have a 2015 Chevy impala and seem to be collecting a bit of water in the rear passenger floorboard in the front corner beside the island, sometimes after rain but not always. It started happening 2 weeks ago after I had the windshield replaced (not that that is the culprit). There is not a puddle of water but it is enough to feel dampness in the carpet under the mat (top of rubber floor mat is not wet) and enough to dry up with 2 paper towels, but it keeps coming back. I do have a sunroof but I cannot find a leak anywhere in the car however something is causing the wetness. Any Ideas? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion, I have checked the Sunroof while it was open and the drains are clear there but will look into where they drain out.
May try some compressed air to make sure.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Are you sure they windshield was replaced correctly? I say that because on my 2014 that I got recently had the same problem. Luckily I discovered the problem within the first week of owning it and took it back to dealer. They had to replace the windshield again, this time with one "directly from GM". Apparently the windshield had been replaced right before the car was shipped to my dealer but they didn't install it correctly or they didn't install the correct windshield according to the person who sold me the car at the dealer. Since then I haven't had the wet floorboard on the passenger side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good question, I will have to check with Safe-Lite and see about that.
I did find it funny I never had this issue until the Windshield was replaced. It has been almost 3 weeks since it was replaced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update
So I was involved in an accident, was hit from behind (again, makes 3rd time in that car, only had it 20 months) the day of my last post. So with the heavy rains we are having this week i cannot wait, I took it to the body shop for repairs and they are also going to find the leak and let me know what it was. I will update once I get the car back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update
After some time of making sure the leak was actually gone, I can say it was a dislodged hose that drains the sunroof, it runs out the drivers side just in front of the rear wheel. The hose had become dislocated and was pouring into the trunk and spare tire well. somehow it then was making its way to the passenger side rear floorboard. The shop showed me the pictures when the car was fixed showing the dislocated hose. I had to test for another 10 days to make sure the leak is gone. We have had a snowday and 7 days of rain, in that time and no wet spot!

Thanks for all the suggestions and help!

FYI: Safe-lite has agreed to replace the front window with a GM OEM windshield at no cost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts