Impala Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 12 impala LT with 3.6 it comes with dual exhaust if I replace stock mufflers with flowmaster would it void my warranties that I have? I wouldn't b doing anything to converter or any pipe from it to mufflers just cutting stock ones off.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
should not

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I talked to the dealership I bought it from they said if the motor or transmission went out they could say adding the exhaust could've added more horsepower than it was meant to handle

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
I talked to the dealership I bought it from they said if the motor or transmission went out they could say adding the exhaust could've added more horsepower than it was meant to handle
What a lame excuse. I don't think low restriction mufflers can add that much HP....:bang:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Mufflers don't create horsepower, the engine will produce what it produces. Opening up air flow might add a small amount, but without modifying the engine that argument is null and void. I would see that comment as a red flag in itself, and find another dealer before it becomes an issue.

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
Mufflers don't create horsepower, the engine will produce what it produces. Opening up air flow might add a small amount, but without modifying the engine that argument is null and void. I would see that comment as a red flag in itself, and find another dealer before it becomes an issue.
^^ Agreed!!^^ Maybe you oughta let him know that too....on your way out.:devil:

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
x3

I used to have a Harley and was told by the Salesman that I would have to bring it in and pay $300 anytime I needed an oil change to make sure and get the correct oil, otherwise it would void my warranty. I then went to a different dealer (one of great reputation in the area) and asked the parts guy. The guy laughed and said to buy it off the shelf and do it myself. Guess who got my business after that... oh and they did warranty repairs for me too with no questions asked.

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
It all depends on the dealership some will void your warranty over mufflers some wont care about a intake exhaust headers and a tune.

Just find another dealership its the easiest option.

Or make them prove that the aftermarket mufflers will cause engine or transmission failure because they would be the first dealership in the country to do so.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What I don't get when I bought my 2011 silverado off the same place I asked them about exhaust and they just said don't touch converter n I will b okay this time it was a different service guy and he told me all this.

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
What I don't get when I bought my 2011 silverado off the same place I asked them about exhaust and they just said don't touch converter n I will b okay this time it was a different service guy and he told me all this.
It don't matter. He's a liar. Check out the Magnusson act....

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Rodclop, I just wanted to hop on this thread to let you know I'm happy to contact your dealer anytime to ask them for further details. Feel free to send me a private message for further assistance!

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
AH yeah! Katie is getting in on the this. Crack that whip!

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
I think it good GM is looking to find out what dealers have been "naughty or nice". There are a lot of slimy dealers out there and GM is the one in the best position to straighten them out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Plan on posting video should b week or two every exhaust shop around here is out of 50 series flowmasters for some reason.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts