Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many people have warped brake rotors? i think i do because when i brake at high speeds my steering wheel vibrates but it doesnt do it at low speeds. i think im gunna have to replace everything on his car, it always has something wrong with it :mad:

·
Registered
657 Posts
not unheard of on these beasts. do yourself a favor and get the R1Concepts drilled and slotted with some ceramic pads. :wink: they are an easy install, too btw.

·
Registered
657 Posts
not that bad

$65- pair of front blank rotors
$105- pair of front rotors (D/S or just Slotted or just Drilled)
$46.80- pair of rear blank rotors
$86.80- pair of rear rotors (D/S or S or D)

then whatever pads you want to buy.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I will have to check it out. Right now im tryin to decide if I am gonna put a spring kit on or getting a 3.4 pulley and a plog

·
Registered
416 Posts
I checked the site out yesterday and I think I am gonna go that route with the fronts for right now then do the rear when i get some more money.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I will have to check it out. Right now im tryin to decide if I am gonna put a spring kit on or getting a 3.4 pulley and a plog
PFFFFFT no brainer....
plog FTW! lol, BTW, all said and done (springs/struts/misc hardware/alignement) you'll be in the $800 range (KYB AGX/decent springs/etc...) well.. you might get a better price on parts, but for us, that's about what it will run to do it right ;)

·
Registered
416 Posts
PFFFFFT no brainer....
plog FTW! lol, BTW, all said and done (springs/struts/misc hardware/alignement) you'll be in the $800 range (KYB AGX/decent springs/etc...) well.. you might get a better price on parts, but for us, that's about what it will run to do it right ;)
I have decided to go plog and pulley for the time being. When i do the springs I wanna be able to do the whole setup at once and not have to keep going back. I am gonna have to keep shopping around for the KYB AGX cause I can get a better price from 3800performance than I can get from Carquest at my price which is kind of ridiculous.

·
Registered
32 Posts
how many people have warped brake rotors? i think i do because when i brake at high speeds my steering wheel vibrates but it doesnt do it at low speeds. i think im gunna have to replace everything on his car, it always has something wrong with it :mad:
My front rotors are pretty much shot at 32K miles...I bought EBC slotted rotors and ceramic pads, which is the only way to go!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have decided to go plog and pulley for the time being.
good choice man!! i would put on a 3" dp with the plog & pulley if you dont all ready have one.

as far as the rotors go R1 Concepts FTW all the way!

·
Registered
416 Posts
good choice man!! i would put on a 3" dp with the plog & pulley if you dont all ready have one.

as far as the rotors go R1 Concepts FTW all the way!
Havent done anything since the JMB FWI and with as slow as it has been here at work right now Im hoping to be able to do the plog and pulley within a couple weeks but we will see what happens.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I put Centric Posi Quiet Pads and Centric Rotors on my cars and my customer's cars, and they are really nice, and no issues. They even have a coating on the rotors that prevent the ever famous rusting on these cars.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I just hit my rotors w/ caliper paint ;)

EBC/r1 are the way to go, havent heard anything neg about either of them...

as for pads anyone run these before?
http://www.ebcbrakes.com/redstuffinfo.html

its either those or Ive heard GM has a ceramic thats pretty good... (f-body calipers being used)

·
Registered
657 Posts
i think either buff or corny had those at one point. i want to say it was corny, but i could be wrong. i would check with them.

·
Registered
197 Posts

Very very few people have ever accomplished warping a street style rotor. More often than not "warpage" is because of uneven pad buildup on rotor from JUNK pads, or improper bedin.

Get yourself some good blanks from Autozone (probably equal if not better quality than those ebay cheapos) and some Hawk pads dependent on app (HPS for daily driving, etc) and call it a day. Leave the EBC pads to ricers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts