Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a very nice 2007 Impala LT 4 door sedan. I've been keeping it washed and cleaned. I've replaced the headlight assemblies (going to replace halogen with LED) which makes the car look even newer and better. Now I'm wanting to upgrade to a radio with CarPlay I have iPhone thus just want a simple DIN radio with FM/AM and bluetooth/USB CarPlay. Don't think it matters if the upgrade comes with a CD player or not as the factory radio I have now I think I've only played 1 CD.

I've been looking and finding all kind of DIN radios. Some are simple and some come with all kinds of bells and whistles like backup cameras. In one of the reviews I read about one particular radio with backup camera that was NOT installed that the radio stop working because it was 'looking' for the camera. I'm not wanting a backup camera.

Also concern about all the re-wiring. I don't want to 'mess' or cut the original wires as later on if need be switch out and go back to the factory radio.

Any recommendations of DIN radios to look at?

·
Registered
2007 Impala SS
2 Posts
Have a very nice 2007 Impala LT 4 door sedan. I've been keeping it washed and cleaned. I've replaced the headlight assemblies (going to replace halogen with LED) which makes the car look even newer and better. Now I'm wanting to upgrade to a radio with CarPlay I have iPhone thus just want a simple DIN radio with FM/AM and bluetooth/USB CarPlay. Don't think it matters if the upgrade comes with a CD player or not as the factory radio I have now I think I've only played 1 CD.

I've been looking and finding all kind of DIN radios. Some are simple and some come with all kinds of bells and whistles like backup cameras. In one of the reviews I read about one particular radio with backup camera that was NOT installed that the radio stop working because it was 'looking' for the camera. I'm not wanting a backup camera.

Also concern about all the re-wiring. I don't want to 'mess' or cut the original wires as later on if need be switch out and go back to the factory radio.

I switched mine in my 07 and getting the wire harness for the factory plug is the way to go. Once you plug it in it will have all of the wires colored to match the after market wire colors. Going back to factory is as easy as unplugging it and plugging in your factory unit.
you will need to add a Maestro idatalink to keep steering wheel controls.
As far as radio goes, a double din fits nice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I switched mine in my 07 and getting the wire harness for the factory plug is the way to go. Once you plug it in it will have all of the wires colored to match the after market wire colors. Going back to factory is as easy as unplugging it and plugging in your factory unit.
you will need to add a Maestro idatalink to keep steering wheel controls.
As far as radio goes, a double din fits nice.

·
Registered
3 Posts

No recommendations on a single DIN. The aftermarket replacement for 07 Impala is a double din. Crutchfield and YouTube has some great stuff on the subject. I have an 07 and like you a didn't have a CD requirement so I went with an Atoto head unit, an Axxess GMOS-LAN-01 wiring interface and a Metra dash kit. Perfect fit and no moving parts. I installed it myself (it was pretty easy) and it's been working without any issues for over 4 years. I recommend going with a double din aftermarket replacement.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have an 08 and installed the Rosen Carshow GM-1210 and absolutely love it. Factory integration, so steering wheel controls work. XM and OnStar still work. Factory bluetooth works and they provide the stuff to use their built in one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an 08 and installed the Rosen Carshow GM-1210 and absolutely love it. Factory integration, so steering wheel controls work. XM and OnStar still work. Factory bluetooth works and they provide the stuff to use their built in one.
Metalmike how long have you had the GM-1210? Any issues with it? How about some pics. My daughter took my 07 to college so I don't have any pics.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Metalmike how long have you had the GM-1210? Any issues with it? How about some pics. My daughter took my 07 to college so I don't have any pics.
I've had it in the car for about 2 years with zero issues. GPS works great (no live traffic, however), backup camera works well, steering wheel controls, chimes, radio functions all work excellent. I'll take some pictures of mine, but here's a link of one installed. Installation was easy. The only thing to note is it's big and the wiring harness adds some heft to the back, so feeding the wires through slowly while pushing the radio in helped me immensely.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have had the Rosen 1210 in my Impala since I have owned it and it is an awesome radio for the money. I liked it so much that I bought a brand new leftover Rosen 1370 universal radio to install into my 2004 GTO. I stole it for $130 on ebay and it is complete. I am stock piling my install stuff for the GTO as I type this.

The 1210 or 1010 will be a great radio upgrade in the Impala if you can find one for sale. I would say jump on it if you seriously want one.

Reactions: sheila
1 - 9 of 9 Posts