Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I just purchased a 2005 Impala SS. I know the vehicle has potential but she has over 150 thousand miles on her and i was wanting to change out and upgrade the ignition system. Does anyone know of any place that has aftermarket ignition system parts for this vehicle?

·
I eat brains... gimme brains!
658 Posts
If you're replacing anything that deals with electronics in these cars(except for spark plugs and wires) I would highly recommend using the stock ACDelco.. I've just heard a lot of complaints about using other kinds

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Has been said many times. Due to GM's spark system upgrading to MSD coil packs will NOT net you any gains. Stick with Delco coil packs and upgrade your plugs and wires.

Reactions: taurusman0511

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
stick with delco or ngk plugs also.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Reactions: taurusman0511

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
By 1996 in particular emissions standards and mileage standards were such that even on distributor equipped vehicles "ignition upgrades" are a waste of effort, much less your car a decade newer with multi-coil setup.

Ignitions needing upgrading went away a LONG LONG time ago

·
Registered
848 Posts
If you're replacing anything that deals with electronics in these cars(except for spark plugs and wires) I would highly recommend using the stock ACDelco.. I've just heard a lot of complaints about using other kinds
I agree. Stick with stock type components. Unless you have other power mods you will see no real gains over stock components. Might even create issues.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Maybe larger diameter wires, but that is. I really don't see that helping much of anything, but I don't think it would hurt either

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
It could hurt in the sense that you would need all new wire retainers, so its extra expense and effort for no gain...

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
That is true!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts