Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Freestyle Bullfighter
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I wanna Go from the Classic Bow Tie Trunk Emblem that Covers the Key Hole to the Impala badge that I have.... whats the Best way to Secure the Impala badge????

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
3M double sided tape.....I thought you didn't want to do the clone thing?

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
PS, if you're just looking to do something different, there's a sticky on "the other site" that shows how to relocate the key lock to the underside above the plate, and leaves the old location to either be filled and smoothed, or a backup camera installed...

·
Banned
2,492 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
3M is really the only good way to do it. That's what GM uses, so I'd go with that.

·
Freestyle Bullfighter
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought the Part awhile ago and the badge on the interior over the Radio, so I'ma Use them, and won't be adding any NEW Impala SS badges, I'ma Get some 9C1 badges that I've seen on here

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
eBay has some good 9c1 badges off and on, sometimes you will only find stickers though..

I don't mean to be negative, but I'd just sell them to someone with an Impala, or someone else who's making a clone, multiple types of badging looks confusing..I like what your doing, just making a really bad ass caprice, I'd hate to see it mucked up with some Impala stuff.

·
Freestyle Bullfighter
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OOOOOOOOO i Like that Trunk Lock Relocator! I think i'ma Leave the Bow Tie, Or Shave it.... Thanks for the help!

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
haha....I know right! I saw that and was like, wow, that dude who figured that one out is a genius!

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
If your gonna leave it, I would shave the old one, and put the current gen's stick on style, that way you can use the liquidomes insert and color it with the car..

·
Freestyle Bullfighter
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
O I like that idear....

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
I've wanted a 9c1 for a long, long time.....been thinking about all the mods, that's the best part about taking a long time get "that dream" car, you can sift through all the stuff other people have done, pick out all the best ones, and then benefit from new developments in things as time goes on as well. Such as the double din faceplates that are now available, as well as newer style badging and then there's the cosmetic stuff like grills and hoods and stuff. Lots of good stuff out there for sure! It's just finding it all, that's the hard part..

·
Freestyle Bullfighter
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well your more than welcome to tag along on my ride here and benefit from my loss/gains lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts