Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm sure this has been asked before and will be asked again, but I want to redo the exhaust on my 2006 3900 to bring out more of the V6 sound and rumble. I know I want to do a resonator delete and upgrade the mufflers, but getting an entire kit such as a MF cat back system is unnecessary and out of budget.

I would prefer to get just an appropriately long section of 2.5" pipe and clamp/weld it into place where the resonator currently sits. I would also like to have to avoid cutting on the new mufflers, but it is an option I am willing to factor in.

The problem is that I don't know what kind of clamps/hooks/mufflers/pipe to buy or where to source it from.

Anyone willing to help out?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi all. I'm sure this has been asked before and will be asked again, but I want to redo the exhaust on my 2006 3900 to bring out more of the V6 sound and rumble. I know I want to do a resonator delete and upgrade the mufflers, but getting an entire kit such as a MF cat back system is unnecessary and out of budget.

I would prefer to get just an appropriately long section of 2.5" pipe and clamp/weld it into place where the resonator currently sits. I would also like to have to avoid cutting on the new mufflers, but it is an option I am willing to factor in.

The problem is that I don't know what kind of clamps/hooks/mufflers/pipe to buy or where to source it from.

I've been wondering the same thing. I was looking into magnaflow because I had a couple put into an old pickup and they sounded great! actually they were too loud lol. The cost was bout $450 for redoing the pipes from the manifold back for true dual exhaust including the muffs, but this was back years ago.

·
Registered
34 Posts

The best muffler for rumble is the 2525xl aeroturbine in place of the res. Then Holley aerochambers in place of the mufflers. They make flow masters and others look tinny and cheap inside...

·
Registered
112 Posts
The best muffler for rumble is the 2525xl aeroturbine in place of the res. Then Holley aerochambers in place of the mufflers. They make flow masters and others look tinny and cheap inside...
I didn't see the Holley Aerochambers but I saw a Hooker Aerochamber Muffler. Is that the one? do you have a video for the sound on youtube? Sounds pretty interesting!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I didn't see the Holley Aerochambers but I saw a Hooker Aerochamber Muffler. Is that the one? do you have a video for the sound on youtube? Sounds pretty interesting!
No video yet, but they are just full of bass. Ive heard a bud of mines Camaro with the same system I just stayed and it sounds super deep. It's like a low bass burble. Smooth. So if u like crackle and pops I would look elsewhere.

·
Registered
34 Posts
And sorry, Holley is owner of Hooker

1 - 6 of 6 Posts