Impala Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Chevrolet Impala model 1WF55
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm searching for a "2012 Chevrolet Impala Service Manual Set"

Helm has one in stock for $300, but I'm a cheapskate. Maybe that's why I repair my own car. :)

Font Rectangle Screenshot Technology Electronic device

This is what the crap CD manual looked like
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Number

[Update: I got a refund on the crap CDROM manual!]

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
You get what you pay for. The Helm manuals are paper copies of the GM SI for your year make and model. The detail is incredible.
If you save yourself two shop hours by doing service yourself using the manuals they've more than paid for themselves.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You get what you pay for. The Helm manuals are paper copies of the GM SI for your year make and model. The detail is incredible.
If you save yourself two shop hours by doing service yourself using the manuals they've more than paid for themselves.
I agree they're good manuals. I bought them for my 2000 Impala. I used them a lot, sometimes for bedtime reading. I think I paid $125 back in the day.

What is a GM SI?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
GM Service Information. It's a fairly expensive electronic service manual and tech service bulletin subscription that GM dealerships pay a pretty penny for.
I believe you can get three days GM SI subscription for one model year, brand, and model for around $50. Just pocket change LOL

If you want a good laugh look on evilbay for the GM manual asking prices. I paid around $300 for my 2009 new manual from Helm. The evilbay manual mafia was asking over $500 for a well used set.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe you can get three days GM SI subscription for one model year, brand, and model for around $50. Just pocket change LOL ..
... The evilbay manual mafia was asking over $500 for a well used set.
Yeah just pocket change for the wealthy among us. :) Thanks for the update on my possible choices and with the report on what price you paid.

The HELM website has my 2012 Impala for $300 without shipping. There are two eBay sellers, one for $400 new, without, and the other for $250 including shipping, but slightly used.

I suppose You could say the evil Bay is both over and under. :)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Yeah just pocket change for the wealthy among us. :) Thanks for the update on my possible choices and with the report on what price you paid.

The HELM website has my 2012 Impala for $300 without shipping. There are two eBay sellers, one for $400 new, without, and the other for $250 including shipping, but slightly used.

I suppose You could say the evil Bay is both over and under. :)
Be careful to be sure that you're getting all three, four, five, six, ... volumes of the service manual. My 2005 T800 CK truck has 11 volumes in the full set. Plenty of evilbay sellers with incomplete manuals. I never did see a complete set for my truck so I paid $400 to Helm. Paid for themselves the first weekend chasing a wiring problem.
Let the buyer beware. Plenty of people on evilbay, craigslist, and Facebook marketplace that are willing to fleece the unaware.
Do your research and be patient so you pay less.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
... I never did see a complete set for my truck so I paid $400 to Helm. ... Let the buyer beware. Plenty of people on evilbay, craigslist, and Facebook marketplace that are willing to fleece the unaware. Do your research and be patient ...
Thanks for your warning. This month, Oct of 2021, I bought an ebay item that was a scam. It was a scam but they also gave me back my money, so I was lucky there. I'm lucky I already have a GM Service Manual Set so I know how many books there are and about what they should look like. I don't have the funds ready at the moment, but I know it is better to save up and get the correct ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts