Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Last Sunday, I went to the Chrysler Museum in Auburn Hills, MI at the FCA Complex.

It is set to close after the final weekend in December, the 17th and 18th, 2016. If you don't go one of those days, you ain't ever going.

Hours are 10-4, that Saturday and Sunday, admission is 10 bucks.

GO.

Home - Walter P. Chrysler Museum

http://www.wpchryslermuseum.org/pdf/Website_Public_Dates_and_Admission.pdf

The Chrysler museum is closing for good after December 18, 2016.

That is the last weekend it will be open to tour.

$10 admission, 10AM-4PM, open only December 17 and 18, after that, she's closed.

http://www.wpchryslermuseum.org/pdf/..._Admission.pdf

It's located on the FCA Campus in Auburn Hills MI. If you can get there one of those days, you better do it, if you ever want to see it.

I went today, forgetting yesterday that I wanted to go on Saturday, so I didn't dare put it off and I went today.

I have a bunch of pics, but don't have time to transfer and upload today, so when I get a chance, I'll try to put some up.

Again, if you are anywhere even close to SE Michigan, make the trip and see it.

There are about 300 cars in the whole stable for the Chrysler Group, but only a fraction of them are at the museum. The museum cars will still be owned by Chrysler, but they will not disclose where they are going for security reasons, and there was some insinuation that some of the larger collection were removed or someone attempted to remove some, and so some were possibly separated for greater security, so they are pretty tight lipped and vague about the rest of the collection.

There's a 20 cylinder tank engine (actually a conglomeration of (5) complete 4 cylinder engines sharing a herringbone gear drive to produce one output shaft) from the Warren Tank Plant, a '63 Turbine car, a supercharged 16 cylinder inline fighter engine prototype, a badass red Power Wagon, a bunch of protoypes, a variety of cars from the teens, 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's, a bunch of engine assembly displays, and the basement is filled with some really killer 60 and 70's muscle cars and racers.

About the Museum - Walter P. Chrysler Museum

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I took some pics with an Iphone, but they are stranded on the phone, as the still on warranty HP laptop just popped and went black that I had the pics on.

Using the back up laptop, and it doesn't recognize the Iphone, so no AutoPlay, and no detected device in any photo app or network list, and I've tried all the typical fixes.

The new laptop had the same issue, and I'd just fixed it, and the pics are on that one, but the same fixes did not work on this one.

I hate Win10.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Dropbox to the rescue! Or just email them to yourself...

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Wow I drive by there every day and didn't realize this. I'll have to go.
Btw Mac is best just sayin :wink:

·
Registered
461 Posts
:( I live in Canada, unfortunately I think Photos will have to do. I read an article about the Walter P Chrysler Museum. Its a shame, there's some really sweet stuff there. I wonder where its all going?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I read that it was all going to stay Chryslers, they would just disperse them through the various buildings they have.
From autoweek.com: " As to the fate of the roughly 65 vehicles in its collection, plus artifacts and informational displays: Don't expect a firesale auction. FCA claims that the cars will be retained, cared for and displayed at the automaker's various facilities, and we hope the company continues to bring them out for car shows from time to time. This is likely your last chance to see all the cars together for the foreseeable future, though."
Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/classic...seum-closing-december-good-time#ixzz4R78xDtIY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts