Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am thinking of wheel options on the wagon and I would like to know if I could run steelies and moon caps and not have a problem with the rear skirts.

Anyone do this?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wheels

SWEET! another guy like me that likes the old school look (see my post in diy about restoring classic hubcaps) So long as you stick to an 8 inch or narrower wheel, you should be fine. The boys at LesSchwab told me when I was shopping for wheels and tires for mine that 8 inch is about all you can fit without tire rubbage, but the wheels should fit fine.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Oh Yeah!

I love those hubcaps on ebay! I got some van wheels for 5 apiece and restored the hubcaps off a 68 or so skylark for 3 apiece plus paint etc. Not too bad looking. Keep it going. I love the old school look. I can't find the pictures right now, but will keep searching, of a guy who took a wagon, and cut the roof off from the a pillar back, smoothed out the cuts, then port holed the fenders and flat blacked it with flames. He's running 15s with baby moons and wide whites. It actually looks pretty cool. I was going to put wide whites on mine, but the only manufacturer I could find wants something like 200 a tire. EEK, to much for this guy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts