Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find a how to video on how to remove roof trim and how to get the gas cap door . Please help

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
The roof trim is not removable. It's held on with double sided tape, and sure, you could remove it, but its made of a thin band of aluminum that will curl up and never lay flat on your roof ever again. Best bet is to LEAVE THEM ALONE and just wrap over them.

The gas door is held on with rivets and is likewise more difficult to remove than it's worth doing.

Reactions: sheila

·
Registered
2 Posts
Let me see if I can explain this. Start on the body panel in front of the skinny part towards the front of the car. Have someone hold the other end of the film and then warm a section about 4” in front Of that point and about 5” wide, making an isolated stretch. This will be a decent stretch at least 1” spread over that 5” area. When you lay it around it will still seem like there is to much film. Now here is the magic. Lift up the film along that top and heat it again and it will trigger the films memory and hug that corner like a glove! If it doesn’t shrink enough you didn’t stretch enough. Hope this makes sense. You are building shrink into the top area by adding stretch first, not working Into a corner and then trying to force it!
snaptube vidmate

1 - 3 of 3 Posts