Impala Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys (or gals) know of any place online or has a website that may carry the SS Rallye Striping Kit for the 2006 Impala / Monte Carlos?

I found a site once and now I can't seem to find one :bang:

what do you guys think about a vinyl kit versus getting the stripes painted???...weighing options

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah there is a place that offers the vinyl kits for the Impala / Monte Carlos...I just got to find it again!!! :eek:k3:

· Registered
250 Posts
would love a matte black stripe on the side of mine... cool stuff.

· Premium Member
10,729 Posts
Not digging the black door handles.

· Registered
250 Posts
Any ideas what it would cost to replace those? I want to get black ones instead of my 'chrome' ones

· 8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I'd call around to your local sign shops and see what they would charge, vinyl can be a real PITA to install straight and without bubbles. We get our patrol cars marked up in vinyl for $450-500, but the designs are more complex than that.

· 8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Wash it. Its just plastic, don't use a pressure washer or stiff brush and you'll be fine. You can wax it too, though I'm still not totally clear on whether or not it helps.

· Premium Member
10,729 Posts
can you plasti-dip the door handles?
yes, but the rubbing when the handle is opened and closed may cause it to wear off in those spots over time. Try it! Only takes a few minutes and peels off if you hate it.

· Premium Member
10,729 Posts

· The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
i like the stripes goinf up and down it, not the checkers though haha

this one is from NAIOA
I know this is a old thread but saw this car posted on this thread and want to know if you know the owner of this car or if he's a active member on that forum? I seen him in the parking lot of my job a couple time and I want to ask him a question, but I never have a chance to ask him.

· Papa SSmirf
1,046 Posts
I kinda like the looks of the stripes, but the thing I can't stand is how they don't go all the way down the nose and down the rear bumper. IMHO, I think it looks half-assed with them stopping on the hood and half way down the trunk like that. But it is something to consider... Thanks OP for posting this and giving us the link!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts