Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a 1995 Chevy Impala with 150,000 miles and I need help with a problem.When driving down the road at a constant speed the car starts to vibrate pretty bad.But if you accelerate or let off the gas it stops. I have already rotated the tires and pulled the drive shaft to check the u-joints.Everything looked fine.If anybody has any ideas on what else I might try,I welcome any ideas. Thanks

·
Registered
288 Posts
You can try rotating your driveshaft 180 degrees and see if that helps, if in fact it is your driveshaft causing the vibration.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Did this just start? Converter or flywheel bolt backout? Any work done lately?

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
All good ideas.....the more common I deal with at that mileage is the right side (passenger) motor mount. If you can see it, you will probably notice the rubber is worn out so much you can see the bracket resting on the frame. 3 bolts gets the motor mount out. If this does not do it for ya, I have many more things to check for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reply to vibration suggestions

I have tried rotating the driveshaft 180 degrees. It didn't seem to help out.I have had no recent work done. I have not yet checked the motor mount, but sounds like a good idea and I will try that.I have ceramic headers with 2 1/2 exhaust pipes and Flow Master mufflers.Thanks for your suggestions, let me know if you guys have any more ideas. I will let you know how the motor mount thing works out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well guys the motor mount thing didnt work out.It looks like it's new, maybe previous owner replaced it. I got the Impala in the air in my garage so I can see more about it.Guess I'll be driving my Blazer now. Man I miss the miliage! 410 gears with 37" tires gets about 8 miles a gallon, so the Impala needs to be back . Also to add to the problem above I have noticed a clunk sound when you slow down to turn on a road when the transmission down shifts from second to first. It does not do it under acceleration or normal take offs kinda sounds like u-joints but they already have been checked. Thanks for the questions and suggestions I welcome ANY ideas or suggestions.:confused::confused::confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts