Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am feeling a vibration in the floorboards and the steering wheel of my 02 LS. most prevalent between 25 and 40 mph. I have noticed while working another problem that the left axle moves up and down in the trans housing while turning the tire back and forth. Is there a bearing where the axle enters the trans ? I know it shouldn't move like it is...

·
Registered
107 Posts
It would be my guess if you can move it that the cv joint is bad, and that will also cause it to vibrate.
Ken.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
check your tire balance first I got tires for the 2005 impala they did not balance the tire and told me the cv was bad

·
Banned
667 Posts
I am feeling a vibration in the floorboards and the steering wheel of my 02 LS. most prevalent between 25 and 40 mph. I have noticed while working another problem that the left axle moves up and down in the trans housing while turning the tire back and forth. Is there a bearing where the axle enters the trans ? I know it shouldn't move like it is...
Bad tire
bent rim
unbalanced tire/rim

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Where are you seeing the movement in the axle? Literally where it enters the trans? Or past the joint towards the wheel?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where are you seeing the movement in the axle? Literally where it enters the trans? Or past the joint towards the wheel?
The inner cv joint moves up and down in the trans housing. The axle assy is new. And my bad, it's the right side.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Oh snap, that ain't good... Thats internal to the transmission.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts