·
The Unscrupulous Lt. Colonel
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like the Vette handles better:lol:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
For all we know though, the viper could have won by having better tires. Dodge probably put semi slicks on that thing, whereas we know GM uses goodyears on all the vettes, goodyears aren't exactly known for their grip either.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
We should get Rkvettes opinion.. I believe hes had both? Maybe his vette was a Zr1 and not a Z06...
Have not heard him here in ages. Hope everything is okay. Have not seen him lately on NAIOA either for that matter......

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
For all we know though, the viper could have won by having better tires. Dodge probably put semi slicks on that thing, whereas we know GM uses goodyears on all the vettes, goodyears aren't exactly known for their grip either.
Agreed. However, check out this video of the 2011 ZR1 with, again, stock tires. These however are the best tires they've ever used on a Corvette, hands down. I think it performs much better now. :eek:k3:

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
I'll always be a GM man, but since the Viper was developed whilst under the ownership of Lamborghini, I'd take one of those too.....they've come a long way, and they were one of the last "greats" that held out with no driving aids whatsoever, no traction control, no launch control, no anything that could be set at all, it was all driver controlled, you had to know what you were doing to drive that beast...Tanner Foust said it best on one of the earlier TG US episodes, she's not a girl you'd take home to meet mom, but you made every dirty movie with her you could! LOL Alas, government mandates are now requiring all those driver aids in all supercars now, it's prolly for the best in the long run though, people would kill themselves without them lol!

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
*Lamborghini was under Chryslers ownership. It was bought in 87 and sold in 98 to Audi (IE VW and is still owned by VW Group.) VW owns: VW, Audi, Lambo, Porsche, Bentley, Seat** and Skoda***

** & *** are not sold in US markets.

1973 RR and Bentley split into a huge mess between VW and BMW.

Rolls-Royce Motors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On topic, though, the Corvette (now) is more of a sports car DD than the Viper which is more a track car than a DD.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
HAH! Now that's funny, I woulda bet the house on the fact that Chrysler was never able to aquire anything other the distinct honor of bankrupting itself over and over again....huh, my opinions of it just went up a bit........ok, it's back where it should be, they still build shitty cars...

·
The Unscrupulous Lt. Colonel
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HAH! Now that's funny, I woulda bet the house on the fact that Chrysler was never able to aquire anything other the distinct honor of bankrupting itself over and over again....huh, my opinions of it just went up a bit........ok, it's back where it should be, they still build shitty cars...

LMFAO:lol:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Thats just it, the driver aids need to be there if the car is going to be driven on normal roads. The ability to turn them off should still exist though, when you take it to the track. Ferrari lets you turn them off, I think even the Nissan GTR lets you turn them off when the GPS detects you are at a rack track. As long as you have that, the features should stay. Consider the fact that Ozzy Ozbourne just bought a ferrari, the way I understand it, he just got his license after not having driven in a great number of years. Would you want him on the road anywhere near you without driver aids?

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
oh I totally agree! They are def needed for sure!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts