Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
According to section 2302(c) of the "Magnuson Moss Warranty Act", a vehicle manufacturer cannot legally void the warranty on a vehicle due to the installation or addition of an aftermarket part - unless they can prove that the aftermarket part has caused or has contributed to the failure in the vehicle!:biggrin:

Overall, the laws governing warranties are very clear. The only time a new vehicle warranty can be voided is if an aftermarket part has been installed and it can be proven that it is responsible for an emission warranty claim. However, a vehicle manufacturer or dealership cannot void a warranty simply because an an aftermarket equipment has been installed on a vehicle.

In addition, the warrantor may not impose any duty, other than notification, upon any consumer, as a condition of securing the repair of any consumer product that malfunctions, is defective, or does not conform to the written warranty. However, the warrantor may require consumers to return a defective item to its place of purchase for repair.:eek:

·
Registered
103 Posts
According to section 2302(c) of the "Magnuson Moss Warranty Act", a vehicle manufacturer cannot legally void the warranty on a vehicle due to the installation or addition of an aftermarket part - unless they can prove that the aftermarket part has caused or has contributed to the failure in the vehicle!:biggrin:

Overall, the laws governing warranties are very clear. The only time a new vehicle warranty can be voided is if an aftermarket part has been installed and it can be proven that it is responsible for an emission warranty claim. However, a vehicle manufacturer or dealership cannot void a warranty simply because an an aftermarket equipment has been installed on a vehicle.

In addition, the warrantor may not impose any duty, other than notification, upon any consumer, as a condition of securing the repair of any consumer product that malfunctions, is defective, or does not conform to the written warranty. However, the warrantor may require consumers to return a defective item to its place of purchase for repair.:eek:

Thanks for answering my question,can I get the url for this site to print out for my own records

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 - 3 of 3 Posts