Impala Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Chevy Impala limited 3.6l
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So not sure if this is in the right category since I'm still new to the forum but I wanted to post about a problem I had. A couple months ago I had to replace the Purge valve that on the upper engine manifold. I went and got a common aftermarket BWD part plugged it in and it worked fine for a few minutes until a loud clicking started once the engine warmed up enough. It became very annoying I thought maybe I had another code and I checked to see if the new valve was operating properly which it was and I had no other codes. So after about a week with that loud ticking as it can be heard even when the car's fans come on I decided to get another BWD part just to be sure that the other one I had wasn't somehow defected. I replaced it with the second BWD and same thing the loud ticking started up after a few minutes of the engine warming up. So I started looking on forums here if this was a common problem but I could not find a post with a fix for the ticking other than saying just deal with the annoying ticking. So I looked on a Chevy cruze forum and I saw someone else with this problem and they replaced it with a AC delco part and the ticking went away so I decided to give it a shot. I had to order the part through O'reillys which was no big deal because it arrived the next day. I installed it and what do you know NO MORE TICKING. So long story short for whatever reason aftermarket replacements make a very loud constant ticking noise and the Gm part does not which is a weird little nuance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts