Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently made a mistake and had a shop replace the water pump and front seals. When I arrived home I found that they had not reconnected the electrical connection to the air pump. Once I fixed this I started to check all other work carefully. From the air pump up to the egr system there is a hose
(probably 1/2") that has what looks like a check valve with a very small port (maybe about 3/16" or smaller) for another hose or just an air vent. This fitting is just after a 90 degree bend exiting the air pump. There is no hose attached and I cannot find a loose hose. What concerns me is that the port is a very clean white color which indicates to me that something was covering it. I cannot find details in the online manual.

Can anyone tell me if this is just to be capped or is there a missing hose ?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Post a pic with this to help us help you

·
Registered
102 Posts
For starters, you really don't need your air pump or smog pump (for states that check emissions refer the air pump as the smog pump), it was found by the EPA to do absouletly nada for the emission. You can actually remove this altogether, unless you live in Californication, where it needs to be on, but doesn't need to be running. So, if you live in a state that doesn't check emissions then take that sucker off. :biggrin:

M

·
0 Posts
true...i am starting to hear some horror stories about crack downs at the smog shops due to recent fines....

·
Registered
27 Posts
When i removed my air pump, i noticed it fixed alot of my idling and hesitation problems, I think i know what hose you are speaking off and mine broke off. Cause a major exhaust leak that i didnt discover for atleast 6 months. Post a picture of what you are speaking off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts