Impala Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
There isn't one, what are you trying to do?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no vacuum to my controller. Alldata trouble shooting guide says to check vacuum at the intake, then go to the vacuum tank and check to see if you have the same pressure as the intake and then check at the controller. Accordding to gm parts site there is a vacuum tank. see attachement part # 24

Attachments

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Hmm, not sure there. Maybe its on the other side of the firewall? What controller are you referring to? Temp control? Regardless, whatever you're trying to diagnose, try checking vacuum at the intake, then the controller, and worry about the tank if its different.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found it on the passengers side against the fire wall. any how i found a broken vacuum line by the battery. looks like acid from the battery ate a hole in it.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
If the line is broken, you can repair it. I'm assuming this is a hard plastic line? Get a piece of vacuum hose that fits tightly over the hard line, and splice the two broken ends together with it. Works like a charm.

Reactions: ahill007ny

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Which motor do you have? I'm not sure if its the same on both, but on the 3400 it goes to a port on the back side of the upper intake, passenger side. There is a nipple pointing back there.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Could possibly be the vapor canister purge valve. That is what the vacuum line connects to after the throttle body.

00-03 also has a vacuum reservoir but, not sure where it's located though, likely by the firewall. ACDELCO Part # 10403762

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think it goes to that vacuum reservoir......i don't know where it is...it broke by the battery, and can't seem to locate the rest of it :(

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I think it goes to that vacuum reservoir......i don't know where it is...it broke by the battery, and can't seem to locate the rest of it :(
You replaced the section by the battery? Hold on I will see if my hayne's has it

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Thanks..no i haven't replaced it yet....i just happened to be under the hood and i noticed it hanging by the battery..
Likely where the leak is at then. Replace that first then, let us know. My hayne's manual has nothing mentioning the reservoir :bang:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I want to replace it....i have the end coming from the intake and it stops at the battery where it broke i don't kno where to go from there

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
What problems are you having with the car? When I get home from work tomorrow (11-12pm) I will check under my hood and see if I can figure it out.

Off to bed now

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ok kool....my climate control is blowing air out of all vents, won't change to to any directional mode....system not getting vacuum...everyone says its this vac line

1 - 20 of 35 Posts