Impala Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Impala LT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I recently blew my engine in my 2009 Chevy impala LT. I then went out and bought a 2006 Chevy impala SS to do an engine swap. I’m already in the process of swapping the engines but I’m seeing some problems that may occur. I was just wondering if anyone else has done this and if they have any pointers for me.

I know I know I should’ve just bought a good running ss instead of wasting my money on the engine swap but I’m already in the hole so please don’t bother me with that lol. But one thing that I’m seeing is that the engine harness from the v6 may have different connections to the part of the wire harness that runs threw the firewall. One specifically is the connections on the drive side shocktower.
please help! I don’t know what to do.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I recall a thread on the Grand Prix Forum where a guy did the swap and he wound up changing out the steering column, body and engine computers and a host of other parts to make the swap work. Just reading that swore me off of ever trying to tackle it. I do wish I could offer you better info but it was way over my head as well. I totally get wanting the LS but honestly after driving my 3.6, with a tune, its actually making more power and with a 6spd auto instead of 4.
Since you have a donor car, I'm thinking you should have everything there you need, its just a matter of getting it all together. Do a bit of Googling and I'm sure you can find the guidance you need.
Best of luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts