Impala Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Impala LT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
sorry I posted this in the wrong spot, I’m going to repost this in the 9th gen impala section too. But I’ll keep my eye on this post still.

Hey guys, so I recently blew my engine in my 2009 Chevy impala LT. I then went out and bought a 2006 Chevy impala SS to do an engine swap. I’m already in the process of swapping the engines but I’m seeing some problems that may occur. I was just wondering if anyone else has done this and if they have any pointers for me.
I know I know I should’ve just bought a good running ss instead of wasting my money on the engine swap but I’m already in the hole so please don’t bother me with that lol. But one thing that I’m seeing is that the engine harness from the v6 may have different connections to the part of the wire harness that runs threw the firewall. One specifically is the connections on the drive side shocktower.
please help! I don’t know what to do.

·
Registered
2009 Impala SS
1,756 Posts
The 2006 is a pre CAN car. The 2009 GM CAN systems will not work and play well with the 2006 stuff.

You have the whole donor car. Don't be Harvey Hardway by trying to mate the newer CAN buss LT cab harness, BCM, interument cluster, etc to the SS engine bay harness. Use the whole donor harness and be done with it.

Swap the cab harness and dash from the 2006 SS into your LT. If the SS dash shell is damaged you can swap the SS harness into the LT dash shell.
Use the remote door lock module, instrument cluster, BCM, Radio, steering column, and LH outside door handle/lock out of the SS.

I'd remove the carpet and pull the harness segments that run underneath to the trunk, seats, fuel tank, EVAP, etc.

Take a bunch of pictures but the harnesses will want to lay down the way they came out of the donor.

I'd strip the recipient cab down completely and then start swapping stuff over from the still assembled donor.

I've done this with T800 & T400 pickups and turned a regular 1987 Celica into a Supra and a 1983 Subaru DL into a 1984 Subaru GL the same way.

Reactions: Ghosthawk
1 - 2 of 2 Posts