Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2019 Chevy Impala Premier. I would like to know the exact designations for the usb ports on the dashboard in the storage area and the ports in the center console under the arm rest.

·
Registered
632 Posts
The audio owners manual states "This vehicle may be equipped with two USB ports in the center console and another two on the center stack. These ports are for data and charging. There may also be two USB ports for charging only at the rear of the center console.
Caution: To avoid vehicle damage, unplug all accessories and disconnect all accessory cables from the vehicle when not in use. Accessory cables left plugged into the vehicle, unconnected to a device, could be damaged or cause an electrical short if the unconnected end comes in contact with liquids or another power source such as the accessory power outlet."
If your vehicle didn't come with it's owners manuals you can view/download them online for free from GM from HERE: Owners Manuals from GM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The audio owners manual states "This vehicle may be equipped with two USB ports in the center console and another two on the center stack. These ports are for data and charging. There may also be two USB ports for charging only at the rear of the center console.
Caution: To avoid vehicle damage, unplug all accessories and disconnect all accessory cables from the vehicle when not in use. Accessory cables left plugged into the vehicle, unconnected to a device, could be damaged or cause an electrical short if the unconnected end comes in contact with liquids or another power source such as the accessory power outlet."
If your vehicle didn't come with it's owners manuals you can view/download them online for free from GM from HERE: Owners Manuals from GM
My problem is that I don't know what type of USB ports are installed ie USB 1.0-2.0 or USB 3.0-3.1 and then further A or B or C or Mini A-b or micro A-B. Without this info I can't buy the correct connector for my iPhone. Thanks anyway

·
Registered
632 Posts
My problem is that I don't know what type of USB ports are installed ie USB 1.0-2.0 or USB 3.0-3.1 and then further A or B or C or Mini A-b or micro A-B. Without this info I can't buy the correct connector for my iPhone. Thanks anyway
They are all USB "A" version 2.0

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
18,496 Posts
Congrats! PICS!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts