Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some advice on upgrading all four brake rotors and pads on my 2008 Impala LTZ. Was wondering if Performance Brake Upgrade Kit; Incl. 4 Silver Zinc Plated Cross-Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/Z16 Ceramic Scorched Brake Pads would be any good? I'm open to suggestions.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
We used the EBC regular rotors ( all 4) and green pads on the front and red pads on the rear and a easy install. flowed the recomended brake in and we are 100% happy with EBC brakes. the car now has 7000 miles on the brakes and 0 problems. Looking to use EBC brakes on my wife van.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Cross-Drilled and Slotted Rotors are just a tad bit of over kill for the street use. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have Brembo rotors, Hawk HP pads, and Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines on all four corners and I think the setup is great.

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
From what I've heard, drilled rotors aren't the best for the street, as they're more prone to cracking. A lot of guys on here run the EBC pads and like them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the replies. It's still up in the air as to what I may end up getting.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
I have Brembo rotors, Hawk HP pads, and Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines on all four corners and I think the setup is great.
Brembos on your 07 LT, wow. How much did that run you? I would like Brembos, but too costly for my comfort zone. I go with EBC Sport rotors and red stuff pads myself.

·
Registered
145 Posts
brembos are pricy but fuck are they good!!!! Mixed with hawk pads......u can't go wrong.

The only thing I don't like is that hawk pads can get a litle noisy....

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
I want to see pics of the brembos on the LT.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
ATE Rotors look pretty nice and Canadian Tire has them on sale from time to time. They weren't on sale when I had my brakes changed so I just bought the cheaper Qualis rotors and Monroe brake pads.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
^^^ Lool everything is on sale at canadian tire every 2nd week!
Yeah, I should have waited and I would have had ATE slotted rotors. :bang:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well crap, I bought the stuff like four years ago and I'm having trouble remembering where I got it from. I checked my Tirerack history and that's where I got the pads, but my Ebay history only lets me go back to 2011. I can get some pics but they just look like normal rotors.

As far as I remember they weren't crazy expensive, they are just plain rotors.

According to Brembos site, the front rotors are Part Number: 08.8463.10, and the rears are: 09.B535.10. It also shows that the fronts and rears are the same for all trims.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok, so I looked at my rotors last night and I didn't see the Brembo stamp, so I am really wondering if I have them or not. I'm gonna have to do some sleuthing and see if I can find out what I actually have.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What kind of driving do you do? Why not go with the best pads, good rotors (blanks should be fine), and then also throw in Stainless steel brake lines?

1 - 20 of 87 Posts