Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to do some interior,exterior, and performance upgrades.
Do anybody know some websites i can go to that will be real helpful?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Intense-Racing.com
ZZPerformance.com
Getoverkilled.ca - currently only doing tunes, only sells parts in spring/summer
3800performance.com

theres alot, what all are you looking to get from the car? Goals? Budget? Are you doing the work yourself, if so how good are you w/ a wrench?

I can give you some ideas of where to start, etc once i know a little more.
As for interior, any GM Wbody 99+ seats should be a direct swap, what are you looking to do for the interior? LoTek sells a 3 pod A pillar.

Exterior, there isnt too much you can do body kit wise that looks decent. Theres a few different grilles etc that look OK IMO. Wheels are 5x115 w/ a 35-45 offset.

Suspension- GMPP and BMR Fabrication make good kits, KYB agx(lowered) GR2 (stock ride height) are popular strut repalcements.

Brakes - F-Body caliper swap is a popular mod (dual piston alum as opposed to your single piston cast iron)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for now i just want to do a few interior and exterior changes, and come later summer early fall im gone start under the hood

·
Banned
117 Posts
I just got a K&N CAI from Autozone.It cost me $308 with tax.:eek:

K&N clames 13+ extra hp at the wheels.Gonna install this tomorrow.

Next i need to get the 180* T-stat and send out my PCM for a retune.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I just got a K&N CAI from Autozone.It cost me $308 with tax.:eek:

K&N clames 13+ extra hp at the wheels.Gonna install this tomorrow.

Next i need to get the 180* T-stat and send out my PCM for a retune.
return it and build your own, save $200ish

you can pick up some Sewer Wall ABS drain pipe ( the black stuff, CPVC-white- will disfigure in the heat after time)
Pick the diameter you want (3" works well)
some fernco fitting - or get some real ones from http://www.hiprospeed.com/products_silicone.htm?gclid=CNK8h9_GypgCFQwNGgodgE3s1A

you can run the piping right into the fenderwell on the drivers side and put the filter of your choice there.
You'll also need a blazer PCMM try (you can get these from www.intense-racing.com for ~$20) to hold your pcm in place

Just my .02

Heres my old one, i ran it into the fender, but this pic is just showing the filter i used...

or save $100 and go for this one
http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=247&catid=113

either way the gains will be about the same as the K&N, and it wont be ~14whp sorry to say :p But it does help

·
Banned
117 Posts
Thanks for the heads up 04Detroit,however i already installed the K&N :redface: Its the first thing i did when i woke up this morning.I was like a kid playing with a new toy for the first time.

I need to get on them pics asap.

Took her out for a test spin.I did not really notice any real difference under normal driving.However under a heavy foot is when the difference was noticed.It did not take me long to hit 70mph from a dig.Passing power seemed to pick up too.

The major thing i need to do is get this PCM sent out.Stock tune just does not cut it,police tune or not.I need a good aftermarket tune like now....lol.

I'll be back in a short,gonna go take some pics of the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts